Clothing and Gear ramifications

Well hello again! Been a long time! :grin:

2 Likes

Legal ramifications aside, I don’t like advertising that I’m pro-2A or carrying. Not because I’m ashamed, but rather because at my age, north of 50, I need any advantage I can get!

7 Likes

Just as in the topic of “open vs concealed” many feel open carry is making you a target . I feel that it is no different than carrying concealed but having shirts or jackets bearing text or symbols either patriotic, support of 2A, or anything the depicts things like Molon Labe, anything that shows or supports resistance to the naysayers. I know businesses need to make money but for me I’d rather spend my money on defense needs. So IMHO hiding one’s firearm while wearing a billboard on chest or back citing the things I stated above is just as much of a threat to a criminal or a tyrannical government.

Which cinario is more of a threat? ……. You decide

2 Likes

Ditto.

1 Like

As a retired officer/detective whose wife is a paralegal for criminal defense attorneys, I have been involved in, testified in, participated in prosecutions, investigated, listened in on…thousands of criminal trials, many involving the use of firearms. Having laid the foundation of my background I can honestly say, “Hell yes a prosecuting attorney/DA will use these T-Shirts to paint you as someone just waiting for the opportunity to shoot/kill someone.” The prosecutors in all our democrat controlled major cities and even many of our less urban areas, pride themselves in their liberal, anti-gun stance. They will use anything they can to paint you as a gun loving, gun “nut,” gun “crazy,” dangerous human. Avoid these shirts, bumper stickers, yard and door signs… Just because the shooting didn’t occur at your home or involve your vehicles doesn’t mean that they won’t photograph these stickers and signs and attempt to use them against you in court.

9 Likes

Welcome to the community Gordon and THANK YOU! for reiterating this extremely important fact that Prosecutors can and will use everything against a defendant. This is exactly what I teach students. “Be the Gray Man/Woman” and blend in.

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Gordon43 and God bless you. BTW that was well put. :+1::+1:

1 Like

Hello and welcome @Gordon43

2 Likes

I too keep a low profile. It does not pay to advertise and make yourself a target or paint yourself as a threat. If a thief thinks a gun is in your car it will be a target for a break in while it is parked. Same with a house.

4 Likes

Well said Gordon. Thanks for the info.

2 Likes

Sounds like when being selected for jury duty might be a good time to wear it… :sunglasses:

6 Likes

I am sure just being a law-abiding firearm owner is enough for them.

2 Likes

I’m not wearing anything that hints of firearms, Don’t have a range bag with a gun-related logo. No “shoot me first” vest either.

1 Like

It’s horses for courses.
What is appropriate to wear at a deer camp, shooting clinic, or gun shop likely isn’t the best bet for Aldi, CVS, Starbucks, or church.

3 Likes

Used to work closely with a very talented criminal defense attorney. Her informal advice to me on this subject was to avoid wearing provocative clothing, avoid employing provocative speech in tense situations, avoid displaying provocative stickers on my vehicle. Quips are fun; legal fees and time in jail is not. Gray is good. Always. My opinion.

3 Likes

I always wear my NRA, USCCA and Jews Can Shoot caps. I mostly wear the first two, the third not so much. I can see where the first and the 3rd caps might get me in trouble but what about the 2nd one (question)

3 Likes

@Ernest_G Pretty Sure he answered your question in general.
That being said I live in a Pro 2A area and wear what I dammed well please and have bumper stickers to prove it. I am of the mind we have to quit hiding, :us:

Gordon43

Aug 5

As a retired officer/detective whose wife is a paralegal for criminal defense attorneys, I have been involved in, testified in, participated in prosecutions, investigated, listened in on…thousands of criminal trials, many involving the use of firearms. Having laid the foundation of my background I can honestly say, “Hell yes a prosecuting attorney/DA will use these T-Shirts to paint you as someone just waiting for the opportunity to shoot/kill someone.” The prosecutors in all our democrat controlled major cities and even many of our less urban areas, pride themselves in their liberal, anti-gun stance. They will use anything they can to paint you as a gun loving, gun “nut,” gun “crazy,” dangerous human. Avoid these shirts, bumper stickers, yard and door signs… Just because the shooting didn’t occur at your home or involve your vehicles doesn’t mean that they won’t photograph these stickers and signs and attempt to use them against you in court.

2 Likes