Civilian stops Mall Shooting

I agree with most of what General van Uhm said. But if I were an anti-gun person, I’d probably latch on to his description of “state monopoly on violence” and argue that this is why we can’t have an armed citizenry.

(And if someone were to make such an argument, I’d have to question their definition of “citizenry.” I would also have to ask what they thought about his emphasis on democratically authorized violence, given the few number of times Congress has authorized war in the past century.)

3 Likes

Besides, I like my guns. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I think he did great, handled it well hope he has USCCA to back him one of the family members will file a civil suit against him. Because the mass shooter was a pillar of the community, well thats what they will say. I’m glad a concealed carrier was there to stop the massacre

5 Likes

Yes i have been saying that for months… theirhas to be a website that the liberals are using to brainwash the weak minded people to do these shootings… they way of getting support to do away with the 2nd amendment… now California has passed a law that a victim or the families of the victim can sue the manufacturer of any weapon that was used to kill them… anything… they have opened pandoria’s box… it can a gun… a car…a knife…a hammer… screwdriver… any manufacturer

5 Likes

Well I must say a lot of different takes on what this young man did. I have shopped at that mall a few times. I believe in this case the young man acted very well. Constitution Carry gave him the right to carry into the mall. His quick actions tells me he has some training by someone we will all soon find out. The 40 yards I’m doubtful of given the mall but excellent placement regardless 8 of 10 hits. Brave young man. We all must be ready to act if ever this arises. After all that’s why we all train to be ready.

10 Likes

I think fox has dedicated its network to report on politics

6 Likes

And Seven of Ten shots hit their mark. Impressive. I think that was the count.

3 Likes

The account I read stated 8 of 10 shots and that he steadied himself againt a pole. It did not explain how he was steadying himself, though.

6 Likes

An even better score.

5 Likes

Our world we now live in is at time a bad place to live. we don’t know from one day to the next what going to happen. In a mall, at Church, school or at your home where you think you will be safe. That is why all of us need to be more aware of what is going on around us. To get all the training we can. And understand that we are not safe. And our life can end in a second by some crazy person who has a heart. So on the days you get out of bed and just living & doing life, not felling like you want to strap on your E.D.C. weapon. After all only going to breakfast with wife & friends. Then going shopping for the kids clothes at a local store.No reason to carry, well better to have & not need, then to need & not have. We carry for self protection as well as for others. Take care out there, stay safe.

6 Likes

This is true.

If also like to use this opportunity to remind that, relative to the past, we are still more safe of late than we used to be

Sometimes media influence makes us wonder

(currently this only seems to be finalized and published through 2019…one does wonder how far back we have slid the past two years, but, I’ll wager it’s not all the way…and crime rates were even higher if you go back farther)

7 Likes

True! I remind my patients that we all actually experience much more GOOD than evil every single day. And the statistical likelihood that any one of us would have to deploy our EDC in a defensive situation is very, very small.

So be trained, prepared, yes, absolutely. And also get out there, live life fully and fearlessly, taking in all the goodness around us God has blessed us with!

10 Likes

Agreed. I refuse to live in fear and hate. I walk the streets, smile and say Hi to strangers, offer tourists assistance finding things, hold doors open for everyone, carry groceries for those that have physical challenges. I saw a blind lady at our condo yesterday, pawing her way along a wall trying to find the door. I talked to her and she automatically started following my voice. We walked out of the lobby together and met up with her daughter that had just pulled up. She seemed to appreciate the help it put a smile on her face and mine. I always know “they” are out there, I watch and pay attention. For me, I want to add to the GOOD side of the equation hopefully changing the balance to the good side in some small way.

10 Likes

Well said. I choose the path of kindness and empathy. At the same time i have my head on swivel.

5 Likes

Oddly, a couple of years ago, all on in one year, found a wallet, a purse, and keys — each returned to their respective owners.

4 Likes

I want to view the video in the mall to see what the kid did. That would be a wealth of information/knowledge.

5 Likes
5 Likes

I am still waiting on the video… Strange it has not been posted

3 Likes

The video will not be released out of respect for the families of the victims. The only way it will ever surface is a leak. I don’t see that happening in this situation.

4 Likes

@Elisjshasmoma Welcome to our community, we are glad to have you. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes