Police confirm fatalities, at least 9 taken to hospital in shooting at Dallas-area outlet mall

We must do our best to train and Situational Awareness is needed at all times. Any Mall in the USA is a open war zone for mass shooting, best to stay out of any mall.

15 Likes

Ya, I have been following this. Like you said “Don’t go to malls”. :slightly_frowning_face:

8 Likes

This was a murder suicide. Under no circumstances does it look like he planned to get out of this alive. It is likely that he was looking for one or two people at first. Then just escalated the total. Everyone needs to take the lessons of Run Hide and Fight to heart. Whether it is a mall, school yard, house, or where ever.
A lesson to teach children in your house. A truly safe place to hide in case someone breaks in (not under their bed). Someone that they can go to get help nearby. A family assembly point outside the house in case of fire. They cannot fight but they can dial 911/tell neighbors that they need help. Who the parents are and their names. Not just mommy and daddy. Home phone number/address.
This just begs situational awareness and something that we must teach those that we love. Each family member knows when to be like a good member of a duck family following, paying attention, and keeping quiet.
If you are choosing to fight back, then remember that Police see all weapons users as targets to be neutralized and controlled if you are lucky. More than one citizen responder has been considered a justified casualty. You see or hear police. Throw that weapon away and lay on floor hands behind your head.

12 Likes

How was it a murder-suicide, when perp had armor and tactical gear on, and was “engaged and neutraluzed” by LEO who happened to be close by?
Looks like the perp attacked random people in the parking lot. In this sense it could have been a grocery store, not a mall.

Also, photograph of the shooter, face, hand tattoo, is all over Twitter. His name and whatever gang affiliation need to be spelled out.

11 Likes

Well said & this is a conversation that we all need to continue having.

5 Likes

Alexander 8. YES WE DO NEED TO KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT THAT MONSTER AND ALL HIS PALS. AND GO GET THEM AND DO NOT LET ANY ONE ELSE :bangbang::100::latin_cross: STOP YOU FROM LIVING YOUR LIFE :bangbang: EVERY ONE THAT CAN DEFEND THEM SELFS :bangbang: TRAIN AND STAY SAFE , and ONLY , WE THE PEOPLE , can. CHANGE , THIS, THIS IS NOT , :bangbang:. NOT , A , GUN, PROBLEM :bangbang: THIS IS A , DEFENSE,:bangbang: PROBLEM :bangbang: GOD BLESS , AND THANK YOU, LEOS , :latin_cross::chile::100:

2 Likes

Alexander 8. YOUR EXACTLY RIGHT :100::bangbang: WE AS A NASHION,:100::bangbang: KEEP VITTEL INFORMATION FROM THE PEOPLE :bangbang::100::broken_heart: THATS , OUR RIGHT TO KNOW :bangbang::100::broken_heart: NOT JUST A DIRTY LITTLE SECRET :bangbang: FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT :bangbang::100: WE ALL HAVE THE RIGHT TO KNOW :bangbang::100: THEY TREAT EVERY THING ABOUT THE BAD GUYS INFECTION :bangbang::100::broken_heart: AN THEY GAVE UP ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO PRIVATE :bangbang::100::broken_heart: THEY SHOULD TELL EVERY ONE :bangbang::100: THE LAW ENFORCEMENT DOES :bangbang::100::broken_heart: NEED TO TELL EVERY ONE :bangbang::100::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::broken_heart::100::broken_heart::100::broken_heart::100::us::us::us:đŸ«¶đŸŒ

1 Like

I haven’t read any of the details on this particular case so can’t speak to this sick coward’s intentions. But in some of the other active murderer cases the killers wore armor as well even though their ultimate goal was to either suicide themselves when an armed responder finally arrived or have it done for them by responding LEOs. They want to maximize the body count before their pitiful lives end.

Not saying that was the case here but body armor doesn’t necessarily mean their ultimate goal isn’t suicide or suicide by cop after achieving their 15 minutes of fame. Which unfortunately our media turns into weeks of celebrity, supervillain status and repeat references of their sick deeds for years and decades after.

6 Likes

I wonder if this mall was a posted Gun Free Zone as many malls are.

We aren’t going to see that fact posted in the mainstream media if it was. But that is usually a significant factor in the choice of target for these cowards.

Of course the anti self defense crowds’ solution will be to disarm more law abiding citizens and create more gun free zones (more accurately know as- armed criminal only zones).

4 Likes

Let’s not over state the risk, though.

There are a lot of malls in the US and mass shootings in malls are rare.

I’ll bet you good money you’re more likely to die in a car accident on the way to mall, probably by an order of magnitude.

Just sayin’

(but yeah, I don’t go to malls much due in part to the risk of ‘normal everyday crime’ and of course carry a concealed firearm and keep up situational awareness, as we all should)

BTW: remember situations like this when we talk about how far you should be able to accurately engage a target/threat with your concealed carry gun. It’s neat to say you only need a micro gun that you can use point blank

7 Likes

It’s good to know what your acceptable accuracy range limit is with whatever you are carrying. I know I am pretty good offhand out to 50 yards with my larger pistols and 20 yards with my micro. But on my to do list for this Spring is to find out what my maximum range is both offhand and braced against various objects.

I was given some pointers on how to shoot out to 100 yards and beyond accurately with a pistol and need to practice them. Those long distances may sound unnecessary to some but I spend a lot of time in open outdoors country and I’m not going to be lugging my rifle around (unless I’m hunting) even though a potential threat very well could be.

4 Likes

Thanks to intentional mass media misinformation there are likely more than a few people who misunderstand these laws and may make bad decisions because of their misunderstanding.

I’m not a lawyer but it is my understanding that these laws do not extend a person’s ability to use lethal force when it otherwise would not be justified. They simply provide additional legal affirmative defense options to someone who was forced to defend themselves or others from an imminent threat of death or serious bodily harm.

I likely will not be taking the time to think about how I might or might not use those legal challenges in the middle of a self defense event. If I can avoid the threat without myself, my family or other innocent people being seriously harmed then I will make every effort to peacefully remove myself and others from the situation. But if given no choice by a violent attacker I will respond with as much force as needed to stop the threat.

4 Likes

I would not use the word mistake for the incidents you listed. I am merely pointing out that the media is often intentionally misleading their audience by implying in their reporting that stand your ground laws allow someone to shoot another person for little or no reason.

That is 100% untrue. A person can’t use lethal force to defend themselves or another unless they have a valid reason to believe they are facing an imminent deadly threat or threat of severe bodily harm. That is required whether a state has stand your ground laws or not.

I know you and most everyone here knows this. But in case someone who has gotten all their legal advice from the nightly news happens upon this thread, I want to make sure they realize that they are being grossly, negligently and intentionally mislead by the anti self defense news media.

4 Likes

BRUCE 26 had you been there you could have been the miracle that would have saved lives and live your life without fear please don’t let the devil win when we let the devil say where we can go to church or to shop and so on do we not GIVE OUR FREEDOM AWAY :question:

2 Likes

There are examples of egregious charges where prosecutor said armed defender could retreat from an agressor to the nearest business, something like 1.5 miles away. This is what SYG prevents, it is not a lucense to start a quarrel and escalate it to shooting (see Michael Drejka, in FL)

Likewise, there was an example of Ag.Commish in FL taking away CWL from people without due process. This is what Constitutional Carry stops, it is not a license for criminals to stage guns for criminal use. Criminals dont ask for permission anyway.

Allex, TX shooting happened in a parking lot. I doubt GFZ or mall safety in general played a role.

Police already went to the gunman’s home, and spoke to his parents through an interpreter. Yet, we still dont hear any details that make a huge difference in understanding what happened. Are we talking psychotic episode, cartel violence, enemy foreign, or hate crime?

5 Likes

Well in Brownsville TX this morning someone drove their SUV through a crowd of migrants waiting at a Bus stop. 7 dead so far.
Wait for the SUV ban next

8 Likes

A little closer to home, R got an email from her corporate Safety and Lose Prevention people. Seems this killing in Allen Tx occurred right in front of their store in the mall. People that she often interacts with witnessed the killer right out the front windows.

3 Likes

Update on the Buss stop ramming.

Story by Ken Dilanian and Didi Martinez and Corky Siemaszko ‱ 23m ago

[image]

Seven people waiting at a bus stop in a Texas border city were killed and a dozen more were injured early Sunday when a vehicle rammed into them, officials said.

The victims, who are believed to be migrants, were at a stop near a Catholic Charities facility in Brownsville known as the Ozanam Center when they were struck, a senior law enforcement official told NBC News.

Initially, the senior law enforcement official said, authorities believed it was an intentional act. The official later said that it’s not clear whether it was intentional, and that the investigation into the motive is ongoing.

Lt. Martin Sandoval of the Brownsville Police Department echoed that in an interview with NBC News, saying that police were also looking into whether the driver was intoxicated or whether the incident was an accident.

But, Sandoval said, the driver, who is a Hispanic male, has not been cooperating with investigators.

“He has given us several names,” said Sandoval, adding that they are waiting for a fingerprint match that authorities hope will identify the driver, who has been charged with reckless driving.

Sandoval said more charges are likely to be filed against the driver.

Eleven people injured in the 8:30 a.m. crash were taken by ambulance to local hospitals for treatment, the Brownsville Fire Department said on its official Facebook page.

One of the injured was airlifted to Valley Baptist Medical Center in nearby Harlingen, the department said.

One migrant from Venezuela who had been staying at the Ozanam Center for three days told NBC affiliate KVEO of Brownsville that he was almost struck.

“We were waiting there and the truck sped through the traffic light and by the grace of God nothing happened to us, but they did hit the others around us,” the man, who gave his name as Jesus, told the station.

6 Likes

It’s starting . It’s about to break! The whole shebang!

4 Likes

Gov. Gregg Abbott is really catching he!! today. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes