Civil war? Hope not!

I wouldn’t respect you if we agreed on everything. :laughing:

10 Likes

I disagree… :sunglasses:

6 Likes

7 Likes

You display a religious identity, but your posts project an unrestrained militancy. How does this quantify? It appears the two are contrary one to the other. And please regard my post as a simple observation of your posts. So, I haven’t made any attempts to do any judging because I don’t have to judge what’s clearly put before me (which are in evidence via this community board). If I had to speculate, then that may be a good argument as to whether the character of your posts is being judged. But the evidence is in full display for all to see. So, why the militant overtones, and the blatant disrespect and regard for the community members that have longstanding? Just a question, if you don’t mind. Oh, and thank you in advance for your response.

3 Likes

Well played, sir. :laughing:

3 Likes

I’ve been trying to think of a way to reply to Molonlabe777 calling Ouade5 names, but I don’t want anyone thinking that I don’t respect them. If I did I would just block them. I really enjoy both of their posts, I may not agree with some things, but that is life. I believe the post by Ouade that started this controversy was made in jest, but that is just my opinion. I didn’t think it was funny so I just skipped past it. I will not argue with anyone. I’m not here to argue, I’m here to hear opinions. Opinions that agree with mine or don’t agree. Opinions on firearms, holsters, concealment ,legalities, etc. I’ve read posts that changed my mind on certain matters. I’m here to learn. If you don’t like what I say, and attack me for it I will ignore you and block you if I have to. Feel free to block me also. However I am interested in hearing logical differing opinions. Deepest respect to everyone on this forum. Oh yea, back to the civil war discussion.

3 Likes

Appreciated. My original post was not in jest. This is a public forum and a stupid place to organize action against the government. Molonlabe777 has since edited his original post to say it wasn’t a call to arms, which I appreciate. It all probably looks out of context, now.

7 Likes

The original post struck me as a call to arms. @Molonlabe777 may not have meant it that way but that is what I and others got from the message. They have since edited the thread title and the original post making it now sound like more of a should we question than an are you with me question.

But as first written I was struggling to determine if it was written by an FBI employee or informant trying to entrap forum members, an anti 2A person trying to spark a bunch of positive responses so they could show their friends how militant and dangerous self defense folks are, or if it was actually trying to inspire an uprising.

I would have preferred an added edit for clarification instead of a rewrite that invalidates many of the following comments. After response rewrites make me concerned about agreeing with posters’ statements in the future if they can then go back and make it appear I am agreeing to something completely different than what I originally responded to.

7 Likes

That’s an old Reddit trick. They’re pretty quick to call out people who do that, though.

2 Likes

This was my first thought as I read the initial post. I had a thought that we were being goaded into making statements that could be used against us somehow. As such, my shields came up as did my level of suspicion.

I think many of us feel like the Republic is running of the rails. I don’t for a moment think it is a silly thing to think. If one is even a casual student of history, comparisons can be made to other failed states. More pertinent prehaps is comparing the divided nature of our country to 1861. Many things are different but many are not. Compare a red state to a blue state. The two are often diametrically opposed to one another. It is not a solution for success.

However, the founders wanted this to be a Republic. We have 50 laboratories of democracy than can and should be shaped by their own voters. This is the essence of republic and is one of a kind in the world.

Can a divided house stand? Usually it can’t. What makes today different is that many on the left hate their own country. Now tell me folks, how can that be overcome?

I don’t know that it can. Especially when the alternative offered by the left has nothing to do with a functioning republic.

3 Likes

There’s a real part of me that thinks the preservation of the Union requires giving each state more leeway regarding how they want to govern themselves. The Federal government always wants to impose its will on the states in order to court voters, but I think tensions could be relieved to a large extent if we would just let each state make its own mistakes. So long as I’m free to leave my state and move where the grass seems greener, I don’t see what the problem is.

EDIT: Yes, I know the potential for abuse is there, but it’s also present at the federal level. At least when one state abuses its power, there are 49 others who haven’t.

4 Likes

Hate to say it but you can’t get two people to agree what color the sun is. Nothing will be done even after the GO button is pushed. Americans, me included have to much to lose and have got it way to easy compared to some other countries. That’s what made America the best game around. Entitled freedoms and gov hand outs for most keep the masses at bay. Don’t have the answers but, know we don’t want the war thing. Voting doesn’t work, I don’t know what to do.

Frog in the pot of water on the stove. It’s what is happening. Complacent.

2 Likes

The one issue with the just move solution is it often easier said than done. And it has other consequences as well. Diaspora, whether economic or political can be challenging and destabilizing.

My wife and I moved due to lack of economic opportunity in our last home. We lucked into finding jobs in a new location and an affordable home in a nice neighborhood during the last economic downturn. But we have to deal with being nowhere near our families so we have no extended family support with childcare or other projects making life harder and more expensive for us. It’s taken quite awhile to build new friends and a sense of community.

But we are the lucky ones despite some added hardships the past two years. A lot of other people moved here for the same reasons and now low wage service industry folks can’t afford to live here anymore. They have to rent overpriced rooms in overcrowded houses or move somewhere else.

There are millions of more people living paycheck to paycheck who are having problems figuring out how to just put food on the table next week. Many of them are living in defective neighborhoods with minimum wage jobs and I can’t imagine how they would be able to get together the funds to move across state lines let alone to a nicer neighborhood on the other side of town.

Then there is the issue of furthering red/blue state divisions. And more often what happens when urban area populations impose their will upon people in the huge swaths of rural areas surrounding their little pockets of packed in humans. Even the wealthy could eventually have issues continually moving away from the ever shifting political winds.

2 Likes

@Molonlabe777, walking into this community is like walking into a house party unaccompanied. You gotta work the room. Good old tradecraft. Get to know how everyone thinks and plays the game!

Considering the community, if the S#it should hit the fan, it could be any one of us standing to your left or right. Surely you don’t want to be facing us. We are all on the same team.

Treat everyone as if they’re an a$$hole that could save your life! A$$holes that can’t or won’t save your a$$ are the politicians!

5 Likes

That’s true, India vs Pakistan.
But let’s pick some polarizing issue, like… oh, just for fun, let’s pick abortion. Let’s say red state Missouri completely bans all abortion, while neighboring blue state Illinois makes it mandatory. That might be awful for families in one state or another, but as of now there’s no legal barrier to that family packing up and crossing the Mississippi. True, there may be financial hardships, but we already have government imposed financial hardships on many families. Relocation is an extreme solution to an extreme problem.

You’re spot on that it could be destabilizing, though. When everyone has finished relocating, Missouri is 100% red and unwilling to change, and Illinois is 100% blue and unwilling to change. At that point, there’s no compromise. Then Iowa raids Rock Island arsenal and calls for a confederation of states.

2 Likes

That’s what I’m praying for too my friend

Agreed

I totally understand and of course that’s the first thing I expect out of most people, but anyone can assume what they want, it seems like your still asking, who knows maybe your the FBI trying to make a point, did you not see the question mark I put!

I agree with you. I am not sure how but yes, I think you are right. The 10th Amendment must be preserved. Good post sir.

1 Like

Your right man I’m actually trying to delete this, I dunno man I’m just so tired of the unjust that I see going on all around and the people that are supposed to be allowed to hold others accountable are restrained to the point of no return I fear, I’m sorry if I scared anyone or came off as a militant dick my bad everybody next time before I post I’ll consider everyone else here as well, God bless everybody I have nothing but love for people not the things of this world!

5 Likes