Christmas movies

Just seeing what everyone else has on their must watch list for Christmas. Mine are as follows:

It’s a wonderful life
Scrooged
Lethal Weapon
Die Hard
Gremlins
National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation

8 Likes

Great list!! I’ll add just a couple…

A Christmas Story

Star Wars (whatever episode is in theaters)

3 Likes

^^^those. Plus,
The Ref
Long Kiss Goodnight
Did Hard 2

4 Likes

Yeah, I forgot about “you’ll shoot your eye out” A Christmas Story. As for Star Wars, Disney has RUINED the franchise, so not sure I want to see that one.

3 Likes

Funny you say that, a week or so ago I sent my brother (who is a die hard purest Star Wars fan who loves all things dark side) a text about the ridiculousness of Baby Yoda…he responded back “but he’s sooo cute.”

I almost fell out of my chair and responded back “Disney!!! They’ve managed to corrupt my brother with their evil marketing scheme!!! Curse you Disney!!!”

Lol, he got a laugh out of the irony of it at well.

4 Likes

I remember one that I saw when I was around 10. Back in the 60’s. and it has been on Comet cable channel now twice. and it is called SANTA vs THE MARTIANS. And yes A CHRISTMAS STORY as well.

2 Likes

Ooh, ooh, yeah. I totally forgot about Santa Claus Conquers the Martians, featuring a very young Pia Zadora. It’s great by itself, but the MST3K version is hilarious!

4 Likes

I enjoy any of the old claymation Christmas movies.

4 Likes

Die Hard 2

2 Likes

Remember the Night

…and I second the vote for the MST3K Santa Claus vs the Martians :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Gonna have to add ELF with Will Ferrell to the mix.

Also there is no debate. DIE HARD is a Christmas movie. My wife loves National Lampoon’s, not exactly my flavor so she gets that I get Die Hard we suffer equally.

2 Likes

Everyone has different tastes, my girlfriends must watch list has movies that are so cringeworthy to me I puke a little in my mouth. But, different strokes, for different folks. :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

My daughter and I developed a movie rating system long ago which includes a “Not a Mom movie” category. While our tastes are generally similar, we know Mom’s limits and don’t press them.

2 Likes

Gawd when were Alan Rickman and Bruce Willis so young?
(When did I get to the age I’d notice - being older than they are?)

2 Likes

IS THAT? what the latest Star Wars is all about? OMG! I’ve lived too long. Or, is this the way we all go - and come back?

1 Like

No, no, baby Yoda is apparently a character on The Mandalorian which is a new Star Wars off-shoot series on Disney’s on demand streaming service. I don’t believe it’s in the latest of the series.

2 Likes

Tell me about it, looking back you think “no, no, NO… I’M NOT OLDER THAN THEY WERE AT THE TIME”. Then I also start thinking, Ralph Macchio is now older than Mr. Miagee was in the Karate Kid movies. At this point I’m older than Mel Gibson was in the first few Lethal Weapon movies. :tired_face::tired_face::tired_face:

2 Likes

I swear, Disney has their hands in WAY too many things. Next thing you know they’ll start making “ADULT” versions of their movies.:joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Dude!!! Do you know how much revenue that would bring in!!!?? Don’t give them any ideas!!! :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Lmao, sorry, when you’ve been through what I have, well sometimes the filter just can’t keep the dam from spilling over. :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes