Go to Movie Choice

Was getting ready to leave work and had the sudden urge to watch a movie tonight. First movie that came to my mind was “Goodfellas” followed by “Gangs of New York”. What is one movie that is your go to choice or maybe something you have not seen in a while that you would like to see again?

9 Likes

Watched several times, will watch again.

6 Likes

Wouldn’t you just watch the nightly news? LOL. :thinking:

14 Likes

Escape From New York.
I could watch it monthly. Although I haven’t seen it in years.

5 Likes

“Wild Hogs”, and “No Country for Old Men”

7 Likes

Sicario, Extraction, The Covenant

5 Likes

LOTR, any of them,… all of them back to back to back…

Actually just watched Dungeons and Dragons honor amongst thieves a couple days last week.

Sci-fi, and space stuff too….

The Martian, Interstellar, and such…

Yeah, I’m a well armed, but basically peaceful geek!:nerd_face:

12 Likes

In no particular order and not even depending on my mood,
Tombstone (ok, I lied, it’s my number one choice)
Shawshank Redemption
Gladiator
LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring
The Usual Suspects
Italian Job (Wahlberg remake)
Hard Rain (Morgan Freeman and Christian Slater)
Any movie from the Jack Ryanverse

And two new favorites:
Hell Or High Water
Wind River -this might replace Tombstone at the top

IMO can’t go wrong with a movie by Taylor Sheridan (Sicario) or featuring Morgan Freeman
and among younger stars, Chris Pine and Mark Wahlberg.

4 Likes

:+1::+1::+1::+1:

4 Likes

I will have to look this one up

4 Likes

OK, maybe I’m just old but here goes:
Paint Your Wagon
Planet of The Apes (The original)
Andromeda(sp) Strain (The Original)
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
and maybe a little fluffy but still interesting, to me anyways
What The 'Bleep" Do We Know.

4 Likes

I’m trying to find ‘Texas Across the River’ with Dean Martin and Joey Bishop.

3 Likes

The Outlaw Josey Wales is my go to. Never get tired of that movie. Just recently saved Payback with Mel Gibson. Haven’t seen it for a few years-good flick.

7 Likes

Well, today is Easter. My favorite of all time is the original 1959 version of BEN-HUR (not the recent remake, which does not come close to the original William Wyler directed film). This is a story that never gets old. This production was before animation and computers. The actors are at the top of their game, and the cinematography is magnificent on a large screen. Timeless story of a man who had everything, lost it all, and finally finds what really matters in life.

9 Likes

EPIC MOVIE! The chariot race, simply amazing! Ok, gotta set aside 4 hours to watch that again…

4 Likes

Ben-Hur, of course, and 10 Commandments; both incredible cinematic achievements.

Also: Silverado, Major League, Die Hard, Aliens, 13th Warrior, His Gal Friday, Back to the Future, Stagecoach (1939), Young Frankenstein, Giant Gila Monster (MST3K), The Changeling, Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte, Sargent Rutledge, Monte Walsh…so many more.

5 Likes

The Magnificent 7, the original.

4 Likes

the great escape, the dirty dozen, the devil’s brigade.

4 Likes

My go to movie is always a Denzel Washing movie, some Man on Fire always hypes the evening. Or some Training Day…

4 Likes

@Jeff284 Welcome to our community, we are glad to have you here with us. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes