Go to Movie Choice

Me and a couple of people I know have a “So Bad It’s Good” Movie Night" periodically. My go to movies are

Hudson Hawk

Mars Attacks

Ice Pirates of Penzance

Beetlejuice

3 Likes

I find myself watching more and more anime…

seems some movies cause issues with my mind anymore… so to speak…

that is to say they put me in a certain mindset that I don’t really care for…

whereas anime is kinda silly and way over the top and with some of the twist involved…

entertaining… just my 2 cents…

BUT ya Ben Hur original… Ten Commandments original… OH and Ice pirates was a hoot!!!

saw one that surprised me… he is risen IIRC? or was it just “Risen”???

3 Likes

…with Linda Ronstadt’s Blue Bayou, great choice!

Two I saw only last year that I thoroughly enjoyed:

Guns of Navarrone
Where Eagles Dare

5 Likes

Hello and welcome @Jeff284

2 Likes

Yeah, I enjoy Denzel myself for his actions roles.

4 Likes

Blackhawk Down
Unforgiven
Dances With Wolves
Tombstone
We Were Soldiers
Lonesome Dove
Quigley Down Under
The Man From Snowy River
Return to Snowy River
True Grit (original and new)
Crossfire Trail
Last Stand at Saber River
Monte Walsh
Silverado

There are more. Those at just the top ones…

6 Likes

Un-cut version

3 Likes

My son and I spend movie night with my daughter’s boyfriend and last time, it was
El Camino Christmas

Tombstone is up next sometime this spring or summer.

2 Likes

Appaloosa
Free range
Ol’ Henry
The Professional
Rocky Horror Picture Show, I love a good musical!

4 Likes

How did I miss that? It used to be my no. 1 until I saw Tombstone.

3 Likes

Does CA have a roster for movies you are allowed to own? :thinking::grinning:

5 Likes

Yes, Disney and The Weinstein Company movies are prominently listed.

6 Likes

Oh I forgot Appaloosa and Open Ranger. Outstanding films!!!

I’m also binge way all the Jesse Stone movies in the correct order, again :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Um… what’s the correct order? :grin: I’ve seen them all, at least twice. Always fresh in my eyes.

2 Likes

6 Likes

@Jeff284 Welcome to the community!

1 Like

The Longest Day
Midway

Funny story to follow.
My 1 1/2 year younger brother and I ages 5/7ish? Having lived in the “sticks” VERY RURAL Illinois and moved to an actual town with a movie screen at 10 cents with cartoons to boot per picture show. Never even had seen a television before were ALL IN for the movie theater!

Keep in mind 2 very impressionable young boys who had known nothing up until that point other than being able to turn out the front door of a Tennant farmer’s front door after breakfast into the wilds of an existence and freedom boys of today could not fathom. Middle sixties and the most rural setting imaginable. We ran briar patches, hillsides, pastures, creek bottoms. We fell in a deep hole in a creek and of our own devices saved each other from drowning. NEVER had “lessons” because that day taught us. Paradise!

We see the picture posters on the front of the movie house and there’s spacemen flying around shooting ray guns at things…well hell! That’s the movie for us! THE GREEN SLIME it was called. OOOOHHHHHH the intrigue!

You can look it up and even watch it today. You’ll get a hoot! I have it on DVD and a movie poster. Such an impact it had as a young boy and remembered to this day.

During the movie, we were terrified as if this was a documentary and the creatures that evolved out of THE GREEN SLIME…were out there!

Now picture two young boys and the lights come up. WE are terrified! We exit the theater as the marquee lights light our way for about 1 1/2 blocks when our pace quickens. 2 blocks away in relative darkness between street lights we are in a full run convinced at any moment red eyed tentacled bipedal electric shocking monsters will descend upon us!!! Sheer terror! hahahahahaha!

I go back to those sticks time and again. Gravel roads to nowhere. The house was set fire long ago and since removed. The front steps remain although mother nature has mostly reclaimed them and the remnants of the foundation. I had previously ventured back into the collapsing four room place and retrieved cowboy and Indian wallpaper my Mom had put on the walls in our room, as well as a hand made brick from the well out back. We had a hand pump beside the sink in the kitchen and the outhouse was a 2 holer. And you know what? WE WERE KINGS!

That was a long time ago. A simpler and gentler time. All in the same a very exciting time for a young boy learning of his world and its wonders. I miss it but it is mine forever and not many will ever know that joy!

May God bless you all and give you the wisdom he gave me way back when. The simplest of things mean the most. The rest are just things.

6 Likes

I just finished 48 Hours
and Another 48 Hours.
Couple weeks ago, I completed the Beverly Hills Cop trilogy.

Though it is predated by Richard Rush’s Freebie and the Bean , the film is often credited as being the first in the “buddy cop” genre, later popularized by films such as Lethal Weapon , Bad Boys and Rush Hour

I’m now in search of Nick Nolte’s Extreme Prejudice. I remember seeing the movie trailer for the first time, it was a wow :star_struck: moment for me.

3 Likes

Hunt for Red October
Blazing Saddles

3 Likes

Best to see the European issue: Leon,the Professional.

2 Likes