Christmas movies

I’ll third that :laughing:

Not so much on the Christmas movies, but I loved it when I was in Denver and the local station did the original Twilight Zone marathon for Christmas.

Mostly I just need something with explosions, gun fights, or car chases. :grin: Or superheros.
Or Val Kilmer.
Or Russell Crowe.
Then I’m all good.

3 Likes

You know, I have NEVER seen Santa vs The Martians. Now, I really want to see it.

3 Likes

Dude, that needs fixin’ :laughing:

Both versions on Amazon Prime… just sayin’

Ehhh, just one problem, streaming is extremely hard here. My internet is SERIOUSLY horrid, almost as bad as dial up​:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

With the grandbabies at 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 we’re going through just about every Christmas movie there is. Today we saw a new one with Kurt Russell, The Christmas Chronicles. They so far really enjoyed Home Alone. I like Christmas Vacation, A Christmas Story, and Four Christmas’. My wife loves Elf

3 Likes

Yeah, I bet your movie watch list is never ending… lol

1 Like

Miracle on 34th Streeet
The Bells of St. Mary’s
Whie Christmas

3 Likes

Welcome to our loving family Roger.

1 Like

I can’t believe that no one has mentioned Charles Dicken’s “A Christmas Carol” (someone listed Scrooged but I do not consider that to be a serious telling of the story.) I’ll admit that I am a bit of a Christmas Carol junkie. I am torn between the George C. Scott version and the Patrick Stewart version for first place. Both are excellent. Even the Disney animated version is a faithful telling of the story. I have also enjoyed Henry Winkler’s An American Christmas Carol. I introduced my children (all now fully grown) to the Christmas Carol with “A Muppet Christmas Carol” which is also reasonably faithful to the original and a good way to introduce children to a piece of classic literature. I recently watched the FX Channels version of the Christmas Carol and was not impressed. They took way too much license with the story points.

2 Likes

George C. Scott, no question.

Agree completely. That’s a few hours of my life I’ll never get back.

2 Likes

Christmas Vacation is a must, but if you haven’t seen “The Christmas Chronicles” then you have to give it a watch. Great movie!

3 Likes

BTW, Merry Christmas!!

3 Likes

And a Merry Christmas to you my friend.

1 Like

It’s a Wonderful Life
White Christmas
A Christmas Story
The Chosen: The Shepherd

2 Likes

My favorite one of all time. Miracle on 34th Street without a doubt.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Lol, aaaaaaand the all time greatest movie line “YIPPEE KAYA MOTHER******”

1 Like

It’s alive, wake up old post!

Our top 5 Christmas movies:

#5 (not a movie) Charlie Brown Christmas
#4 (not a movie) Original Rudolph
#3 Christmas Vacation
#2 Christmas with the Kranks
#1 Muppet Christmas

3 Likes

Adding to the classics that were aforementioned that are different.

The Bishops Wife
Meet Me In St. Louis

2 Likes

They need to make a movie “SOCIAL SECURITY, THE GRENCHES WHO STOLE CHRISTMAS” :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth: