Christmas movies

RED and RED 2😀

Picture1

2 Likes

I argue every year that Die Hard is not a Christmas movie, just a movie that takes place at Christmas. My arguments that if Die Hard were a Christmas movie then Jurassic World would also be a Christmas movie for the same reason always falls on deaf ears. Without fail.

I recently saw a short Christmas movie that was very good called My Christmas Soldier. Nice, feel-good movie.

Growing up, we always watched How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and since it was on the same tape, Horton Hears a Who. Now, we usually just watch Jingle All the Way, if we watch anything.

[quote=“LordDeinonychus, post:43, topic:18281”]
I argue every year that Die Hard is not a Christmas movie, just a movie that takes place at Christmas. My arguments that if Die Hard were a Christmas movie then Jurassic World would also be a Christmas movie for the same reason always falls on deaf ears.

I would argue this:

While DIE HARD and LETHAL WEAPON are not TECHNICALLY Christmas movies, many of us view them as such for the fact that they show how the American spirit is ever stronger at Christmas. Shows just what we are WILLING to face and do even in the holiday season.

Not to mention for many of us, it’s a tradition and has been one for many years. I respect your opinion on this, but we can agree to disagree, no harm, no foul. And regardless, MARY CHRISTMAS to you and yours on the 25th

1 Like

Agreed. We watch Die Hard every year. Therefore, it’s a Christmas movie. At least to us.

Another good one for my family is Joyeux Noël. It’s about the Christmas Truce of 1914. It’s a little Hollywood given the topic, but not at bad as Titanic.

Also Mixed Nuts, Polar Express, and of course Charlie Brown. Last year we added Ernest Saves Christmas, which was perfect for my kids at their age.

1 Like

We’re adding Gremlins, this year.

1 Like

Said it before…Long Kiss Goodnight.

2 Likes

And we cannot forget…Santa Claus On Mars, also known as SANTA Claus Conquers the Martians.

2 Likes

Never saw that one, it sounds kinda weird, but hey I my self am weird… lol

The real version or the MST3k episode?

1 Like

Either one, but you get so much more with the MST3K version, such as the wish squisher, the Easy Bake Forge, and “Let’s Have a Patrick Swazy Christmas”. Who would want to miss all that?

3 Likes
1 Like

“Exit Speed” (2020)

Although over the top, and heavy on the violence, it posed scenarios of “What if being attacked, and I thought uniquely emphasized reasons to defend”. I thought their portrayal of (their good-guy) women was done in good taste and realistic. Oh, and it occurs near December 25th.

1 Like

The Santa Clause 1-3.

1 Like

I swear, the star wars saga has gone down the drain now that Disney owns it. Jar Jar Bins Binx alone was SO ANNOYING that I wanted to throttle him through the TV… lol

Gimme episode 4,5 and 6, other than those… it’d rather drink DRANO… lol

yoda50

1 Like

Home Alone and Home Alone 2!! So funny in what he
does to them in both. The Christmas Card that shows on Hallmark channel because centers around our service people .

No one mentioned “Elf”?
Heard Mel Gibson has a new one out called “Fatman” about a kid that hires a hitman to kill Santa Claus for giving him coal

1 Like

Haven’t seen the movie. Don’t watch movies. This sounds hilarious. If it wasn’t rated R, I’d be tempted to watch it.

1 Like

Another GREAT Christmas movie,…The Ref with Dennis Leary

1 Like

I’m what you call a videophile.
Not a keeper! Wouldn’t watch it again!
I speak from a collection that exceeds 1000 videos.
On a scale of 1 - 10 it’s a 5.5 for originality. + .5 If you also like Mel Gibson!