Cheaper ammo

Where does everyone get their ammo from for a good price

1 Like

SGAMMO.com. (This is in a lot of threads alreadyā€¦)

6 Likes

I go to Dicks/Field and stream they have decent ammo. You know the box of 50 cost 9.99 in VA Remington FMJ.

1 Like

All my carry ammo is factory, but other than that, I shoot primarily reloads, even handgun. For handgun specifically, I buy name brand ammo when it goes on sale, because lets face it, when you go to the range with an autoloading handgun and say you take 250 rounds, you come home with maybe 225. Just how it goes. So I buy on sale to keep the brass supply up. But other than that, I reload. Keeps cost down, have control of what I am shooting, and I just enjoy it.

I would rather shoot my reloads out of good quality name brand brass vs shooting bargain brand ammo of various makes and varying quality. I have head from others and seen it at the range where shooters have ammo they got on sale and it doesnt function like it should. I get it, we want to shoot as much as we can and part of that takes the finances into account. But i reload so i have a baseline quality assumption and a level of consistency in my ammo that might be missing if I was bargain hunting ammo and had a variety of different brands and bullets taken from the sale bin. I also have them tuned. My 9mm and .45 loads shoot to the same POI as my HSTā€™s that I carry daily.

YMMV

4 Likes

There is no ā€œgood priceā€ anymore :worried:

Comparing all my sources, as @Brad mentioned, SGAmmo has the best prices as for now.

2 Likes

Fenix Ammo is good stuff. Itā€™s not necessarily ā€œcheapā€, but it is reasonable, and they havenā€™t raised their prices during ā€˜these uncertain timesā€™.

2 Likes

I buy my range ammo from LAX ammo, and my self defense ammo from my local
FFL chain Turnerā€™s Outdoorsman

1 Like

What ammo do you get from LAX?

1 Like

SGAMMO.com. They have very competitive prices and delivery is quick - usually about three days.

3 Likes

Enjoy the community, good topics to review.

Larry

2 Likes

This ^* Their shipping speed is awesome. I thought it was going to take 2 weeks, itā€™s on my doorstep in a couple of days. From my experience, their range ammo hasnā€™t been the cheapest, but that probably has to do with the shortage too. They certainly havenā€™t drastically inflated anything. All prices are fair. There self defense ammo prices are the best Iā€™ve seen anywhere thought. This is where I plan to get all my ammo from for now on unless I see a good retail deal (which is somewhat rare).

2 Likes

I use Target Sports USA a great deal. Good prices and quick shipping when society is not collapsing. I should not joke actually.

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brother

https://www.trueshotgunclub.com & https://www.luckygunner.com/. Everyone is out of stock, got to be put on a waiting list.

1 Like

Fiocchi, Winchester, Federal, Remington, along with their canned white label new ammo.

3 Likes

Of course with cheap, iffy ammo you get to practice clearing drills more than usual. :smirk:

1 Like