CCMW question: "bedside" gun (and staging method)

A .357 magnum revolver in a bed side gun vault.

8 Likes

Walther PPX 9MM in condition 2 with one extra mag. I just have to pull the trigger.

5 Likes

That trigger guard looks like a good solution for me if I can tie it down “in” the safe

2 Likes

Glock 19 with a round in the chamber. I take it out of my holster when I go to bed and place it on the nightstand. I keep a very powerful flashlight next to it. When I get dressed in the morning, it goes back in the holster.

I work overseas. When I’m deployed, my wife deadbolts and wedges the steel door to the bedroom. She has a S&W revolver and flashlight.

6 Likes

At the foot of the bed in a biometric safe, that can open with swipe of my fingerprint, is a AR-15 loaded with a thirty round magazine. 5.56m caliber.

3 Likes

Usually, a SIG P226 in 357 or 40 mounted with an Olight Baldr Pro torch/green laser. (I’ve yet to find holsters to accommodate the combo light/lasers.) Alongside it is an Olight Warrior X Pro I’ve just got. These are on a nightstand within arms reach.

I sleep with a Surefire 2211 watch/torch on my wrist. The watch dial has tritium illumination of the face and hands which make checking the time instantly easy, the light is 300 lumen aimed from the back of my support wrist available at the ready regardless if I’ve picked up any other light or fumbled them. This little wrist combo has been my stumble-around-the-house-‘clothing’ when I wake in the middle of the night and have to get something.

( I looked again at the question: within 6 feet of the bed are also knives, a wakizashi, shotgun+bandolier… and ah… other things.) I just discovered how surprising it is what one gathers around themself over time… On the other hand, it’s a long way to a safe.)

(update regards Dawn’s question:)
@Dawn No, no resident children. On the opportunity to entertain families I have a number of controlled access “safes” and lockboxes around the house for staging equipment close to choke points.

3 Likes

I have a Glock 21 with a weapon light on my night stand, and a Mossberg 590M Shockwave in a rack that fits next to the mattress. Both are readily available and easy to grab in the dark. My wife keeps her Beretta 92 on her night stand.

3 Likes

Sig P250 in a biometric safe on my bedside floor. Full magazine, one in the chamber nicely tucked in a leather IWB holster (to keep it warm at night)

7 Likes

Either a Glock 26 or a Shield .40 depending on what I was carrying for the day. Usually staged in a holster (no kids in the house).

2 Likes

I have an old Wilson KZ-45 that I purchased new years ago in a GunVault SV500. One of my friends had the GunVault with a finger touch pad ID. It worked so poorly that he recommend this one.

Yes the flashlight doubles as a weapon and there are handcuffs and spare loaded magazine also.

5 Likes

Pistols are in both my wife’s and mine keypad pistol safes. Rifle on my side, shotgun on her side. Hidden out of sight for all accounts. Plan on wall mounts for the long guns soon.

3 Likes

Something many people don’t put in place, yet phenomenally effective defensive measure if room layout supports it. Thank you for reminding me!

(I’d have to add hurricane resistant ‘french doors’ to secure a second ingress point in my build. The pane windows along the south and west sides of the room are 15 feet up and we’re not expecting a siege by ladders! )

4 Likes

I agree, ladder sieges are unlikely. I put Mylar on our windows. I’ve seen first hand how effective that stuff can be. The windows can be broken. But, they hold together amazingly well making it difficult to gain access by going through a window. In Afghanistan. I’ve seen windows shattered by bomb blasts. The windows bow but stay in place. Also, no glass shrapnel inside the building.

There are commercial blocks for French doors that serve a purpose similar to wedges. Putting Mylar on the glass and using the blocks hardens French doors considerably.

6 Likes

340PD w/ 2 speed loaders in a smallish biometric bolted to the floor between the bed and nightstand 24/7. Whatever I was carrying that day on the nightstand (typically a 365, XDM compact, or a 226 SAO). Motion/contact sensors trigger doorbell whenever they ‘sense’ something. 200+ lb mastiff and his little 90 lb buddy greet all visitors.

5 Likes

I keep my FEG 380 on my night stand. There are no children in our house so I keep it loaded with the safety off. It is in it’s holster but ready to use.

4 Likes

So I have a black aces 12ga tactical shotgun with a 5+1 and a Smith and Wesson sd9 pistol. My pistol is in my gun safe near my head above my bed and my shotgun is right next to my bed in the event of needing to use any of my guns my shotgun will be the first gun to come out if I run out of ammo with my shotgun I will use my EDC pistol from my safe

Casey G

6 Likes

Out of holster on dresser about 3 steps from bed. Along with flashlight and 2 backup mags

3 steps = 10 feet. I was taught years ago that in order to wake up and know your surroundings, gun should be 10 feet away. My side of bed is next yo wall and dresser is along this wall so it works for me. Sure don’t want to shoot my wife during bad dream!

Out of holster because there are no kids in house. When grand kids here, gun is in
biometric vault

6 Likes

My EDC is a Smith & Wesson M&P R8 (357). At night, it comes out of the holster, light is attached, then sits on nightstand until rising in the morning. I live alone, so no kids, no problem.

6 Likes

On my wifes side of the bed is her AR with her carry gun EZ9mm on her nightstand.
My side Mossberg 500 and Glock 19 on the night stand.
All with lights and handguns with lights/lasers.

7 Likes

Stainless steel bracket fits between bed frame and box spring. Bracket has cut out so holster attached firmly.
In holster is a Taurus Judge.Taurus is loaded with Federal 230 grain HST.
Remington 870 mounted just under bed.

7 Likes