CCMW question: "bedside" gun (and staging method)

I’m pretty plain about my nightstand set up.

Glock 17 gen 3. Light on rail. Loaded. In a safe. Flashlight next to safe.

4 Likes

My EDC, glock G19 9mm or G30 .45, in my EDC holster, on the nightstand. Hubby’s glock .40 holstered on his nightstand. AR15 against the closet wall. No kids or critters in the house at night. Firearm are on us during the day.

We holster in case we’re awakened and come up without all our fine motor skills fully on. That way we can grab the firearm without accidentally grabbing a trigger since we keep them chambered.

6 Likes

The TLR-8 is great. Extremely compact, uses a common battery CR123 (well, common if you have other high-output lights), good brightness (500lumens), and probably most importantly the controls are intuitive and easy to reach. I leave mine set on light/laser, but its good to have the option of either one or the other or both.

I will say that I have considered another firearm for this purpose with a safety, OR getting a different style safe, like the Vaultek posted above that presents the firearm to you instead of having to “reach in” to get it.

3 Likes

Cz 75 with tritium nitesites, chambered, decocked on nite stand with 1k lumen flashlight. No kids, just wife and I. When ANYONE is coming over weapons, except what I am wearing, are secured in a locked safe. Also keep a .357 short rifle handy😏

3 Likes

You trust your cats that much? Mine would try to play with the gun! :heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

Glock 26 with Federal HST in a 15 round mag, holstered with a spare 10 round mag, in bedside table, with a flashlight. Only my wife & I in the house

3 Likes

taurus g2c in a gunvault sv500 speed vault mounted to the back of nightstand and opening towards the bed, flashlight on top of vault. Also p365 is holstered on top of nightstand only when I am sleeping. Have a 14 an 12 year old in the house. We have a german shepherd and 2 terriers in the bedroom with us so no worries about the kids coming in while I’m sleeping and the gun is out in the open. Those three dogs make enough noise jumping out of bed to greet anyone there is no way they could get to the gun without me waking up. Otherwise everything is always locked up or on my person.

3 Likes

That was a typo. I fixed it.

1 Like

None here, although I had a little girl ghost in my last house.

2 Likes

No kids in the house, empty-nester. CPX-2 or G2C on the night stand, Condition 1, holstered. If I have visitors, gun is either on my person on in the safe.

3 Likes

Empty nesters here, too. Glock 17 with Crimson Trace light/laser in a single-gun safe on the floor between the bed and my nightstand.

5 Likes

1911 w/rail mounted x300 surefire light, in padded nightstand with phone plus Gerber MK II dagger between mattress and box spring. Wife is in charge of closet mounted Mossberg 500.
No kids, just a couple of pre elderly folks prepared to protect ourselves against all enemies foreign and domestic. Can not confirm or deny any other weapons secured in 8 gun liberty safe bolted to ground.

4 Likes

SIG P320 holstered on nightstand. No kids…no cats.

3 Likes

I normally keep a Beretta Nano attached to a magnet on the side of my nightstand. However, when my two young grandchildren are in the house I put all my guns away.

Jim H

4 Likes

Glock 26 by the bed in kydex holster with light.
Just me and my wife at home on a regular basis.

5 Likes

Ruger SR1911 in a Vaultek Slider with the smart key nano for rapid deployment.

4 Likes

I keep a Ruger9e in a special night stand I made.I also have a Ruger9 c for my wife to use.

3 Likes

I am 64 years young, living alone with my faithful dog Pepper. I keep my EDC SigP365XL in my bed’s “nook” area above my head with a 12 round mag, Speer LE JHPs with one in the chamber. Since I live alone, I don’t need to be concerned with additional safety and Pepper (my dog) is fully trained in firearms safety. Thank you.

5 Likes

I mentioned on my nightstand. I use a quick release Kydex trigger guard. Just pull quickly and the gun comes out. I actually have several trigger guards that are mounted “permanently” in the house and car. They are pretty inexpensive.

12 Likes

I keep a Canik tps9sf under my bed in a holster.

3 Likes