Canik SFx Elite Custom

Hello everyone been away for a while busy with work and trying to retire hardest job I’ve had in a while, but wanted to tell everyone about the new gun, it’s a Canik SFx Elite Custom now myself I’m a big Glock fan but after watching reviews and hearing and seeing the difference in the weapons I had to have one. So I picked one up Wednesday cleaned it and was ready to shoot Thursday took my Glock19x and the Canik to my backyard range to compair. Now my 19x has had a trigger job but the Canik I took straight out of the case it came in, I know the 19x has a lite trigger 3 lb to be exact and the Canik 5 lb right out of the box and I gotta say both shoot really well but I actually shot and hit better with the Canik the recoil was less with Canik which I know can be corrected with a stiffer spring in the Glock but just have to say the Canik is a fine weapon.

5 Likes

Same barrel/slide length? Weight?

4 Likes

Canik has a inch on the 19 but is lighter and you know I didn’t take that into consideration but still the Canik had the better trigger and that really threw me for a loop being a big Glock fan

4 Likes

I agree, Canik has a great trigger right out of the box.

7 Likes

Congrats on the new Canik. I hope the transition from the Glock wasn’t too painful.

4 Likes

No doubt I was surprised after all these years and swearing not a better trigger than the Glock makes me wonder what else I’m missing out on :joy:

6 Likes

Similar to a Glock 48 in many ways.

2 Likes

really fond of canik, get a lot of firearm for a nice price these days. come to think about it I like a lot of Turkish made firearms. hmm don’t care for their politics these days.

4 Likes

should also state canik & others are privately owned companies in turkey

2 Likes

Looking to go pick a tp9sc this week will let everyone know what I think of it

3 Likes

I was at a friendly little practical pistol shoot today and was doing pretty well with my old Gen 3 Glock with ordinary old night sites. Though I wasn’t feeling all that accurate today, one of the other RSOs even came over to take a closer look and asked if I was using a red dot:)

So I was feeling pretty good until a young guy with way more experience than myself came over with his competition set up Canik, though he only had irons on it as well since he had just purchased it. He definitely put me in my place. Though he then let me shoot a mag through his Canik and I started to look like I could almost hang with him. Had no issues hitting the little 2.5” hearts painted on the targets at 25+ yards with it.

A very nice shooting pistol though I felt I could get the sights back on target quicker with my Glock for follow up shots despite the Canik being heavier and having a longer barrel. Might just be that I was more used to the Glock but I also think it is likely a feature of the much maligned Glock grip angle.

At any rate it now has me wondering what I could do with a real competition gun and maybe a red dot🤔 That may have been a very expensive experience for me😬

3 Likes

Well I can tell you this I put a holosun with the green site on my SFx and could not be happier, I’ve been a Glock fan and been carrying them for at least 20 years but this Canik made me rethink things to the point that I bought the Canik METE mc9 and it has been moved up to my EDC that doesn’t say that I don’t still like my Glocks it just saying I like the high capacity mag’s thin and lite has little recoil and just a all around great carry gun

3 Likes

The grip angle is what was hindering me, just could not get past the hump design, so I got rid of the hump

Then had the slide milled, thanks to Wager Machine Works

Added a Holosun

Now it’s what it should be. I guess that’s what I like about my DR920 and CR, they come how Glocks should be.

3 Likes

Just put in a little range time with my Canik METE MC9 it is a fine weapon handle’s really well falls right back down on the targets recoil is really lite. Have made this my everyday carry gun, it’s small lite high capacity mag’s and very concealable could not ask for much more than that in a everyday carry gun, and this coming from a man that’s carried a Glock for 20yrs

4 Likes

took me a look at em and said hey not bad!!!

I was impressed enough by the one magazine I got to put through a Canik that I just picked up a Rival. Unfortunately late winter weather and visiting in laws are keeping me from taking it out for a spin:(

Hope you get to I believe you’re going to like it

1 Like

I have high expectations. Just from the little bit of dry fire practice I got to do I am liking how it points and it has the best striker fired pistol trigger I have ever pulled despite having a fair amount of take up before hitting the very light wall. It isn’t quite as glass break crisp as my nice Larue AR trigger but it is still pretty sweet for an out of the box pistol and has a nice short and very distinct reset.

1 Like

I definitely noticed that reset and then the slight pull before the firing pin drops on the Mete MC9 but not on the SFx Elite it’s definitely smooth for right out of the box though

2 Likes