Canic pistol

Has anyone tried the Elite Combat Executive?
Other than color, is there any difference from my Elite Combat? It does sparkle, doesn’t it? Not sure how much sparkle I can handle on something no one is supposed to see anyway.

1 Like

:laughing: I don’t think it sparkles @bugleboy. I haven’t shot the Elite Combat Executive (nobody around here carries much Canik inventory) but you can go on the Canik site and they’ve got details on the variations on the different models.
My TP9SFx is black and custom OD green and it’s beeeeuutiful. :slight_smile: Some models come in desert tan or coyote I think, and Century Arms has some with OD slides, but nary a glittery one in the lot. No pink, no purple, no camo, and definitely no sparkle.

I wasn’t thinking of pink or rhinestones and really didn’t mean to use sparkle in a derogatory sense. Maybe flash or shine would better describe the black slide with the gold barrel which does match the executive tone. But when the black slide cycles and flashes the gold barrel, well it’s surprising. I’m really not yet seeing a tactical advantage over the Elite Combat (which I really like too…have one). I don’t mind dressed up weapons, just looking for other changes.
Thought I might be missing something.

1 Like

Update on the new Canik springs… Did a thorough clean on the Canik, put the new (lighter) spring in, put a couple mags through, 2 handed, single hand right, single hand left. Worked great, no stovepipes.
:innocent:

We’ll see what the next 500 rounds look like :grin:

I’m getting ready to do the USCCA 3-day instructor course for defensive pistol in September, and I’m planning to shoot the Canik (unless @Dawn tells me theres some reason I should choose a different gun). I’ll likely stay with this spring until I get back, and then put the stiffer spring back in and work on my grip (and my failure drills) some more.

I’ll update as I get more rounds through it.

2 Likes

I bought the Canik TP9 SFX, I LOVE IT!!! It’s my EDC, which is hilarious because some of the people I’ve met that carry, carry smaller weapons so they can hide it better. Personally, I’m overdue for a new wardrobe (haven’t bought new clothes for a while), since I only have 1 pair of jeans and 1 pair of jean shorts. I have more clothes for lounging than anything else, since I work from home. I bought the Concealment Express IWB Holster for it and added the Ulti-Clip 3 so I’d have more options. I also got the CanCan Hip Hugger Big Shebang. Mom already had a Hidden Heat that I can use as a backup “holster”. I figure 41 rounds outta give me plenty to be able to Stop The Threat, even with the bad guys being in packs.

2 Likes

@HeatherLP I love that you and your mom share holsters :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
What sights do you have on your Canik?

1 Like

I’m using the Stock Sites, which are Warren Sites, not the Red Dot version. Mom had bought the Hidden Heat for her Security 9, but didn’t like it, since she was wearing it around her waist. I’m wearing it more on my hips.

1 Like

@Zee

Installed the suggested springs and zero stovepipes with Fiocchi ammo. The blue spring (low pressure) did the trick. 600 rounds with zero stovepipes. Thanks for the link.

1 Like

You’re welcome @Raymond… I’m having the same experience. Keeping that higher power spring for training on malfunction drills… its made me a lot faster and smoother on those for sure.