Buying new gun

Has anyone bought a gun from The Gun Store https://discreetgunsales.com/

1 Like

Do some research… and you will find more results like mine:

Firearm Company without legit US address cannot be trusted at all.
And… what does it even mean DISCREET GUN SALES? Do you really want to purchase firearm discreetly? :thinking:

5 Likes

Darth, do you not have a gun shop near you? I want to touch, hold and inspect the weapon before any monies are exchanced.
I would like to know the company/person that will be holding my form 4473 information. I have nothing bad to say about the company I just want to see, feel what I am buying. What happens if you buy online and don’t like the weapon for some reason, what is your recourse and more important what is your restock cost?
Many people use online, I am a bit shy about it.
Larry

2 Likes

Larry
Great questions. I definitely am like you and I do want to feel the gun in my hands before I buy it. What I usually do is I go somewhere like cabelas or gun shop to check it and to see and hold it. Then what I do is try to get the best price I can from a reputable place out of state. The reason I do this is because I live in Illinois. We get hit with a lot of fees on the back end. I usually purchased my guns thru Buds Gun ship and have it sent to my FFL. I save anywhere from 75 and up on the price plus our taxes are very high here

2 Likes

Now I understand you situation. Living in Ill for a gun owner is as tough as Calif. I hope the state does not stop mail in business.
I have had no dealings with mailorder guns, supplies yes. My LGS charges $35.00 per firearm handling fee for mailorder. I do business with MidwayUSA and Brownell, they have excellent customer service and fair prices.

Good Luck to you

Larry

3 Likes

Are you comparing prices in Cook County? There are stores outside of Cook county that are not subject to the same taxes. The IL Cabela’s is in Cook County, and a large gun store outside of Cook County is 5 minutes down the street.

2 Likes

Which Marango’s?

1 Like

Gat Guns has been around for a long time (East Dundee; outside of Cook County) and is about a 5 minute drive from Cabela’s.

1 Like

I’ve heard of it just never been there

1 Like

They have a good selection. Most firearms are on the second floor. They have an indoor rifle range and a separate indoor pistol range. Right now you have to wear a face mask in the store per the Governor’s orders. I’ve gone there now and then over the last 20 years.

Gat Guns Website

Google Maps listing for GAT Guns

Google submitted pics

2 Likes

Thank God I left that state a little over 30 years ago.

2 Likes

Where did you land?

Larry

1 Like

A few different states and a few foreign countries. Finally ended up in Nebraska. Only planned on staying a few years. That was over 20 years ago. Actually was a misprint. Left over 40 years ago.

1 Like

I to was able to travel and have seen the good,bad, and ugly of the world. Enjoy and give thanks for all that I have seen and witnessed, but for more than 25 years I have lived in a small Arkansas town of 5000 people, love it.

Larry

2 Likes

Spent 4 years in Jacksonville at Little Rock AFB. One of my better assignments. Miss the slower pace and relaxed attitude of the Arkansans. We used to quip that if they were anymore slower paced they’d be in a coma. Still in contact with a few friends from the Cabot area.

1 Like

When I move here some 25+ years ago I remember writting to my Mom and telling her about my new home. It was different from the Costa Mesa/ Newport Beach area I had called home. I told her that the town had a stoplight light. She wrote back and ask what I was going to do with all of the spare time.

I would not go back for any amount of money. The people are great and we now have WalMart SuperCenter, fantasic.

Larry

1 Like

Larry guess what I just ordered

2 Likes

Save me the suspence, spell it out.

Larry

1 Like

Well the Sig p365 NRA. I should have it next week. It looks like the Panzer Arms BP-12 is gonna be like at least a month

3 Likes

Congrats,Darth, you may forget about that Panzer after you shoot the Sig. I have several Sigs, no duds. The 365 platform has been well recieved and listed as a very tidy package.

Enjoy

Larry

2 Likes