beware of scam firearm sites

5 Likes

Additionally to that article, please visit this thread:

3 Likes

Consider:

8 Likes

Aimsurplus.com is a good place as well
Just ordered another gas block and a blast can from joeboboutfitters.com yesterday and it shipped today
aeroprecisionusa.com for your AR’s.
mcarbo.com for upgrades of certain platforms. Good guys

5 Likes

Parts and ammunition.
For decades I’ve been using Natchez shooting supplies and Brownells.

7 Likes

You don’t need to look for experience of others… couple things that always make any internet store a scam:

1. counters who, when and how many of their stuff were bought

A 2022-12-31 18-23-44
A 2022-12-31 18-23-36

1. payment method - any firearm store accepting cryptocurrency cannot be trusted at all

A 2022-12-31 18-25-29

7 Likes

Yep to all the above. Great suggestions. Happy New Year

1 Like

Taurusgunsstore.Com looks like a very legit site, but it’s not. It’ll accept payment via PayPal and then claim they never received it. Then they’ll try to upsell to another pistol when you contact them. Sounds like it could still be legit, right? But… The “About Us” section is about selling pharmaceuticals in Australia. The first time in my life that I was ever scammed online. Live and learn.

4 Likes

I, too, have encountered scam sites when searching for primers. For example, the web site federalprimers-usa.com looks a lot like Federal’s official site, and claims to offer a variety of primers in stock in all quantities. But, if it looks too good to be true, it probably isn’t and has been flagged as a scam site.

2 Likes

Tip: If you don’t know URL of a business is, a quick early check is to read the about us. The one from that site is:

“Customer satisfaction has always been and will always be our #1 goal. We constantly are developing and implementing new processes, technology, and infrastructure to assist our passion towards complete customer satisfaction. One thing we do know, it takes a lot of hard work to satisfy customers in today’s world. Our employees work extremely hard every minute of every day. We hope you will become a raving fan of our company!”

Which is a huge red flag because nowhere in their About Us do they say who they are. Unclear pronouns about “us” and “we” and “our” without ever identifying themselves.

2 Likes