Fraud/Scam Web Sites

Warning,

With ammo being scarce the temptation is to “try” a new web site that shows the ammunition is in stock. A search for information about the web site is important before proceeding with the purchase to avoid a scam. There are also “tells” that will flag a scam site.

• They deal in bulk ammo.
  • The ammo is difficult if not impossible to find from the web sites you trust, but they have it.
  • The price is extremely low.
  • There is a “chat window” in the lower right corner. Occasionally someone asks if you need help.
  • They only take payment through a cash transfer (This was the tip-off for me.)
  • A search for reviews of the web site contains negative or scam comments.
  • They do not list an address or you cannot find the store in Google maps at the address given.
  • The web site has been recently added. You can find details of the web sight at https://who.is/
  • There are several web sites that have been created by a single organization. This is listed in https://who.is)

If you find any of these to true, run - don’t walk away. I found 34 such sites by doing some web research.

What does everyone think about USCCA adding a scam listing somewhere on their community page, so we help each other?

In the mean time I have turned over my findings to the FBI and they are investigating these web sites. I do not want to stymie their investigation at this time, but I will add the information in this USCCA Community once they have completed their investigation or them deem it a low priority and will not pursue it.

Rick

5 Likes

Thanks for the information brother @Richard298 and if I also run across some sights like this I will also advise the community. :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Already exists.
The only concern…it not easy to find.

3 Likes

Ok sooo where is it? Should I ask @Dawn ? Look my damn self? I’m at a loss here…how about a little hint?

2 Likes

Oh where oh where has the scam site gone? Oh where Oh where can it be?

3 Likes

Guys…sit and relax. I’m in work now with limited access to USCCA…

In the meantime…use “search” button… :wink:

2 Likes

Here you go.
That is the place we have been adding scams and suspicious firearm websites.

I’m hoping that @moderators will make that thread more accessible for us without using “search”.

3 Likes

Thanks @Jerzees

1 Like