Buying new gun

So I just saw a Canik today. I saw someone on another listing. So I went to point blank to see one. So O My God that that trigger pull. It was the Canik Viper. Guess I may have to pull the trigger on that one tooo. Who else has one

3 Likes

Darth, you are picking some good guns. I have two Canik weapons, excellent shooting and the workmanship far exceeds the price point. Remember many CZ parts work in Caniks. The factory that produces the weapons also produce products for the AeroSpace and AirCraft industry.
Soild product line.

Enjoy

Larry

1 Like

Check Walther PPQ.
Canik is its copy, but not as great as original in my opinion.
Price - Canik wins, but quality and shoot-ability is better on Walther.

1 Like

@Jerzees I hate to (always) be “that guy”, but according to Merriam-Webster it is one word. “Shootability”.
This is what sets this forum above all other firearm forums… proper spelling and good grammar.

2 Likes

@TexasEskimo :+1: Thx. That was my thought as well… “shoot-ability” looked weird, but unfortunately computer wanted to be smarter than me :slightly_smiling_face:
Proper spelling is a must ! …

I will type it here several times to NEVER do this mistake again :innocent:

shootability
shootability
shootability
and one more time… shootability

DONE ! :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I’m pissed I just got an email from Palmetto stating they canceled my p366 NRA edition. I’m having it shipped to an FFL and there should not be an issue. I have had other friends whom order firearms from them with no issue. They are now saying they do not ship to residents of Chicago

1 Like

No reason to be pissed. Chicago is a nightmare in terms of shipping firearms to…

I’ve found this in one of Internet Gun Stores:

nochicago

1 Like

If I have a FOID and CC and no record at all never been arrested. There should be no reason I can’t order a firearm. I’ve talked to several other people that have had firearms shipped from them. They have stores here that sell firearms. I don’t see the reason why you can’t ship here.

1 Like

This is just another reason to boot the elected officials out.

Larry

1 Like

nochicago
Unless you are a criminal.

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter if you have FOID, CC, clear record.

Sate of Illinois has restrictions which has to be followed by EVERY dealer.

Here you have list of items NOT allowed to be shipped to Chicago residents. Chicago’s list of prohibited items even differ from Cook County’s list :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

CITY OF CHICAGO
No Firearms. No Ammunition.
No Collapsible, folding or thumbhole stocks
No Flash hiders
No Batons
No Magazines exceeding 10 rounds
No Accessories capable of functioning as a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand

1 Like

But my FFL does not live in Chicago

1 Like

But I guess YOU ARE.

1 Like

Best thing I have ever done is go to a range that lets you rent guns and try all of them out that you can. Find out what you like and what you shoot the best with. It will not be hard to find the one you like the most, except maybe if your like me, this one for edc, this one for home defense, this one for plunking, this one for hunting, this one just because it is cool!

5 Likes

Well, I think there is an execution room on this forum for people like you. And by the way I recently learned that Inuits do not like to be called Eskimo’s. Albeit I do love Eskimo Pies.