Best I’ve found

I’m a big guy with a bad back. I’ve got a closet full of holsters I’ve tried and failed, along with belts that have also been disappointments. After a lot of money spent through the years I finally found two gems that work great. The first is “The Bull Belt” by Hank’s. It came with 2 heavy duty buckles, one silver and the other brass colored. It is one tough belt. Made in the USA. At 1 1/2 wide x 1/4 inch thick it is truly a Bull. It shows no wear even after three years. It holds my holster securely and as an added bonus doubles as a back support. At $60 a pop, it is well worth the money. I even bought a second one. With a 100 year guarantee you can’t lose.
As for a holster, I took a chance on Alien Gear. I avoided it because I thought the name was funny, but I was running out of choices. I purchased their Cloak Tuck holster IWB for a Smith 9mm. After an hour of wearing it I forgot it was even there, so I then purchased another IWB for a larger 9mm Ruger which was a little better because it was a newer 3.0 version. I just bought a small revolver and ordered a new Alien Gear holster for that one too.
It was a long expensive road, but I’m glad I found these two. I’m a Hank’s and Alien Gear customer for life.
I hope this helps those who are searching for belts and holster like I was.
God bless America and the USCCA

4 Likes

I can second Alien Gear for a big guy. I have the cloak tuck 2.0, wish i had gone with newer, but i still love it! I went with a Bigfoot Gun Belt though, about the same dimensions, slightly less leather with a spring steel core. I loved it so much i ordered one sized to wear without my firearm for when I’m at work wearing my duty belt.
As an aside, if you have a pistol with extremely rough grips, N82 Tactical (Nate Squared FYI) offers a very nice holster with full leather backing that extends the full length of your pistols grip. Yes it’s a little bulky, I am aware of it, but it is comfortable and it keeps the rough grips of my pistol off of my skin.

3 Likes

Yet another big guy here. I also use Alien Gear holsters. I have a couple of their IWB 3.5 models, and they are very comfortable. Alien Gear is my holster brand of choice.

2 Likes

I also like alien gear. You have a lot of options. Mike…I know what you mean, I am a big guy also. I found that RAW DAWG has an excellent IWB. I can even wear mine with running pant/sweats. I make sure they always have the heavy tie, to support the the extra weight. But even up against the skin, this is a very nice comfortable option. Only about $50ish and lifetime guarantee.

1 Like

Alien holsters are great. I own 4 different ones. As for the belt have you tried Bigfoot gun belts.

1 Like

Have not. I have a couple of tactical belts in black and brown, for all occasions!! :grin:

1 Like

My wife wants a magnetic holster from https://jm4tactical.com but not sure if they are worth it and if they are actually safe where she won’t have to worry about the holster coming loose or something happening.