Best Gun You've Ever Rented?

I’m not so sure of that.

2 Likes

It isn’t a question of freedom, it’s a question of market economics. Nobody is preventing gun stores or ranges from opening up here. It’s just that with so many free venues for shooting and internet gun shopping the customer base has been eroded to the point where a specialty store (guns and shooting only) has a hard time drawing in the quantity of foot traffic needed to be consistently profitable, especially in a region which has a relatively low population density. The bigger cities seem to be pretty well supplied with such businesses.

I assure you, freedom is alive and well here. We are a Constitutional Carry state, we have a simple and relatively inexpensive concealed carry permitting process (for those who want one), no restrictions on type of weapons or magazine capacities (other than Federal laws of course), no purchase limits or waiting periods, and no registration of firearms.

By the way, the carry permit in KY is CCDW, which stands for Concealed Carry Deadly Weapon. It’s not just a firearm permit; I can also legally carry knives, swords, nun chucks, throwing stars, batons, brass knuckles, and any number of other items. That’s why, on the USCCA Reciprocity Map, other states who recognize a KY permit are listed as “Yes, with restrictions”. These other states aren’t as enlightened as my old Kentucky home. Yet.

I’ll take KY freedom over CA freedom, any day. If you are happy in CA, then I’m happy for you. Live long, prosper, and may it be all you desire.

Cheers.

3 Likes

It was a tongue-in-cheek comment. :man_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

Sorry; guess that didn’t come through to me. :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Don’t rent guns unless you want to spend lots of money on guns…

2 Likes

That’s when I found out I’ve reached the point of no return :man_facepalming:t4:

2 Likes

I haven’t rented any guns, but, in the last 4 days I’ve spent 1680 dollars on guns, scopes, and archery equipment. My bank probably thinks I’m working for the cartel at this point.

5 Likes