Best 9mm to carry

Welcome to the community, stay safe and train hard.

3 Likes

Nice guns you there :+1:

4 Likes

Anyone know the difference between a Sig P365 and a Sig P365 “MA”? A Google search says it’s legal in Massachusetts. That’s not important to me in Utah. It has a manual safety. So I’m thinking that might be the difference. Can anyone verify?

3 Likes

I believe that means Massachusetts compliant.

4 Likes

@Johnnyq60 Absolutely that’s what it means. Just wondering what makes it compliant where the P365 isn’t. (Presumably)

3 Likes

It is probably the capacity. MA only 10 rounds where I believe the Sig p365 comes with a 12 round mag.

3 Likes

Best 9mm handguns to me is the glock 19 gen 5 and the glock 43 so easy to handle

4 Likes

Welcome to the community, train hard and stay safe. :smiley:

3 Likes

Welcome aboard @GunSquadHebrw!

3 Likes

Welcome to the family and God bless you.

3 Likes

Look at the Springfield Hellcat.

5 Likes

I could not find the Sig 365 MA on their website, as the 365 model was of interest to me also. I found one vendor who described it on the website below. However, perhaps one’s local gun store or Sig Sauer Co. can provide you more info: Sig Sauer P365 Manual Safety Mass Firearms Store

Best to you.

4 Likes

You can find it. It is just not showing as main model. You have to navigate to P365 and it is listed as available option:

3 Likes

I highly tecommend the Shadow Systems MR920…outstanding, custom made 9mm. Its my choice as a NRA Instructor.

3 Likes

I’m a handgun instructor and have carried Glocks since the Gen 1s came out. You may hear the term that this or that gun has a “natural point of aim” which means when you point it at a target it aligns the sights naturally for you. Most guns with a 1911 grip angle (includes Sigs, S&W, Taurus, Baretta and many more) share the same grip angle. Most anyone can squeeze off the first shot but controlling recoil And reassuring the sights for follow up shots will be more of a challenge with the 1911 grip,angle. Glock’s grip angle forces the user to cant their wrist downward which helps control muzzle rise (IF) the user has the strength and training to?

Mouse / micro guns are even more difficult to control due to grip length. Sure they are easy to conceal BUT can you shoot them accurately AND RAPIDLY? If you are in a defensive situation can you put several rounds on target or just spray and pray? I can shoot them accurately but not as rapidly on target as a larger grip length pistol.

The advice to rent several pistols at a range is excellent advice. Don’t get hung up on overall width. Find a pistol that FITS your hand and one that YOU can control follow up shots easily and rapidly.

Oh, if you get a chance, rent a CZ P-01. It’s a phenomenal pistol!!!

6 Likes

@timothy117. Welcome to the community stay safe and train hard :grinning:

3 Likes

:smiling_imp:
I like you @timothy117 from this very first post… :laughing: Welcome to the Community !

4 Likes

Welcome to the family brother and you are in the right place at the right time.

3 Likes

Firstly, there are many popular carry options today in 9mm. From compact to sub compact models. It’s really hard to give you one option because everyone fits handguns differently, similar to shoes and how comfortable they may be to you but not to someone elnse. Never the less I have a couple of models I’ve carried that I find both comfortable, reliable and simple.

Springfield XD series, more importantly the XDs and the new hellcat both are very good hanging for a good price. I’ve personally carried a XDs in 45 acp as my first CCW. Never had any malfunctions related to the firearm. It’s comes with a paddle holster which isn’t fantastic but it will work until you find a holster you really like, two or three mags, and a loader. For the price they really are a decent deal.
Sig P365- they come in all different models ranging from a long slide “XL” to a very smooth anti snag “SAS” model. I carry the (sig anti snag) SAS model currently as a summer time and grey man gun. I love it, it shoots well enough for a compact handgun, function is simple, reliable with all types of ammo and holds 12+1 in a small magazine. They also make models that have a Manuel safety if your into that.
Glock- it’s a Glock…it’s a Glock lol. I’ve carried them, I personally don’t care for the grip on most glocks, but they work and they work all the time. Can’t dispute the lineage of Glock as the first and still one of the leaders in the (wonder 9) era.

Never carried smith and Wesson’s M andP line of handguns, tho I’ve heard good things from those that do, they feel alright, I see cops carry them from time to time.

4 Likes

Thank you for the friendly welcome to the forum. I’ve been a member of the USCCA for several years but wasn’t aware of the forum community.

Even though I am pro-Glock I rarely carry one because my beloved CZ P-01 has taken over as my number one carry weapon for the last two years. It’s a phenomenal pistol in every regard.

2 Likes