Best 9mm to carry

I have a Walther PPS M2 and use the 8 round magazine for the better grip. It is very thin and virtually invisible concealed.

If trouble comes, of course, I would rather open carry my Walther PPQ .45.

If big trouble comes, then an AR-15. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I carry glocks Glock 26 and a Glock 45. Mag compatibility is huge for me, plus glock’s are a very reliable. However, if I only had to chose one gun and not switch EDC’s. I would go with a smith and wesson m&p 2.0

3 Likes

I finally put the M&P 2 in the safe and broke down and bought a Hell Cat, 9mm (11 and 13 round mags). My first use was CCW qualification. I am in love. Small; love the sights; very controllable recoil, and extremely accurate. I am used to a full sized pistol, and was a little concerned the size might prove problematic; however, It seemed to fit perfectly. I had a much better grip control and obvious smoother recoil recovery. I would recommend the Hell Cat for anyone looking for a reasonably priced pocket sized carry firearm with a high capacity magazine.

3 Likes

Welcome to the family and god bless you.

2 Likes

The Walther PPS may be a good choice for you. It’s a thin, single stack, 9mm, and not too heavy as it is a polymer framed, striker fired pistol. The PPK/S is an all-steel, SA/DA, hammer fired, single stack .380 (9mm short). All steel so it is a little heavier. Fine weapon, though.

4 Likes

I was trying to figure out a similar question I had. I never heard of the IWI MASADA until now. It was tempting as I might need a 10 rounder. I was looking at the Sig Sauers, and Glocks. I noticed it took me some effort to find and compare their widths, lengths, heights, and weights, but very well worth the search. I believe there are thinner ones out there.

However, I wonder if the " Beretta APX Centurion 9MM, JAXQ920?, is an ok model?

3 Likes

Israeli weapons have been always great choice.
Masada is a great striker fired handgun for the price.
Baby Eagle or Bul SAS are awesome. I wish I had the money and place to keep all the handguns I love… :money_mouth_face:

If you seriously think about APX, you won’t be disappointed.
FYI: this handgun was a choice of Polish Police last year (chosen over CZ10, Glock17, Walther P99, Canik TP9Sx and REX Delta).

5 Likes

Thanks Jerzy. I’ve tried revolvers; This would be my first “pistol”. 9mm seems best fit for me; Leaning towards the APX.

4 Likes

I recently purchased a sig p365 and I’m very happy. I use the twelve round magazines and it fits my hand perfectly. I’ve got a couple hundred rounds through it now and it’s hard to miss. It’s the Best Buy out of the box, sights and trigger are both great for a stock gun.

6 Likes

The first 9mm I found to carry that felt right was a 1911 .45 :innocent::us_outlying_islands::popcorn::cup_with_straw:

5 Likes

Sig’s were my second choice. I opted for a Baretta. Outside of a home, and a car, I wonder if a firearm comes in third in terms of major investments; No wonder we place good research into it. So, thanks again everyone.

4 Likes

I recently bought the Shadow systems MR920 (War Poet Pistol) but it is on back order for quite some time. I am hoping that will be my new favorite 9MM/EDC!

2 Likes

My EDC is a Shadow Systems MR918. You will love it @Steven147.

3 Likes

I like both p365’s the regular and the XL. I carry both, and I like the idea of slide swapping…

8 Likes

Yes.

2 Likes

I sure hope so! the MR920 is gonna be great! I can’t wait for this backorder to be caught up! Is your 918 the Threaded barrel? if so, would it be useful for a compensator? I know the MR918/920 are advertised as the flattest shooting pistol in that genre. I will test my self and see lol. If it turns out fairly accurate in that statement, a compensator would make it insane I think.

3 Likes

I have the elite with the non-threaded barrel. I don’t typically use compensators on pistols, especially 9mm. I don’t really see the point. If you are using it for tournaments, then yes, I get it. But for a carry gun, nope.

The 918 is very flat shooting and I know it is more accurate than me, lol.

Bu you do you boo boo. If you like compensators, rock the comp. check out the youtube channel “Tactical Toolbox.” The guy on there does all sorts of crazy pistols builds and he is really i to compensators. There are only 1 or 2 he recommends for Glocks and Glock variants.

3 Likes

I have never done a comp on a pistol and I own no threaded barrels. It is something that I would like to try and see if there really is any difference and if so, how much. I also have never put a red dot on a pistol and I got the one that comes with it so I am exploring the world of accessories now lol. My other pistols are all just as they are with no modifications and they do their job as intended.

3 Likes

If the weather is warm where you live and you don’t want your gun to show I recommend the Sig Sauer P365. It is really small but shoots accurately. For a small gun it has a high capacity magazine and you can purchase a magazine for it that holds 15 rounds. I carry it with the 10 round magazine for best concealment. I have a Mitch Rosen leather holster for it and it is an OWB holster that sits flat against your side. For safety reasons I will only carry it with the safety on.

7 Likes

@Phil15. Welcome to the community, train hard and stay safe. :smiley:

3 Likes