best 10mm handgun

Welcome to the family brother @Steven460 and you are blessed to be here. You will learn on this forum.

3 Likes

I learn from everybody I encounter in this life! Been shooting/hunting/carrying for most of my 52 years but just now “pulled the trigger” on getting insured for the worst case scenario. Oddly, taking the step of getting insurance has prompted my wife to finally take a serious interest in getting her LTC (no longer required but a good idea!) and carrying. If I had known that that one simple action would have spurred her into the EDC Community, I would have done it a long time ago! She now has a Hellcat, which is the first firearm that she ever told me that she “wanted” and she’s working her way through the fruits of my reloading bench efforts! Her interest has spawned an interest in my eldest petulant child and they actually shoot together and are going to female oriented classes together. Said petulant child is also on the road to getting her LTC. So, as far as I’m concerned, the cost of the insurance is already well worth it.

4 Likes

.40 is wonderful! .45 is wonderful!

Shoot what you like, as long as you’re willing to carry the platform that’s delivering that round every day! :slight_smile:

My 99%-er is a Springfield Armory XDs in .45ACP. It’s only 8 rounds BUT I’m comfortable, confident and competent because I take that to the range every time I go and it isn’t just a “holster queen”.

I like 9mm. Wifey carries it. I have a 9mm that stays in the truck because of high capacity. I reload a ton of it.

I like 10mm. I carried it every day on a 10 day Alaska hunt because I didn’t want to “feed the bears”.

I like .45ACP because I like it and I carry it every day. It’s like a comfort food to me and, although it’s more expensive, I ain’t gonna quit it. She’s my girl and that’s all there is to it.

3 Likes

Gotta dance with the girl ya bring to the ball.

5 Likes

Big Bad 10mm. :rofl:

5 Likes

Love my Smith & Wesson M&P 2.0 10 mil. Well balanced. 15 round double stack mags. Comes optic ready. and for me the recoil is more than manageable. I’m not sure making a 10mm your EDC is a wise choice unless you live out in the sticks where bears and other large non-human predators might be common. I think it could be used against you in court as overkill if you ever had to use it in a defensive situation. That said I would definitely recommend the S&W 10mm. Don’t let its relatively small size fool you. It’s a beast.

Also, its small enough for IWB carry.

3 Likes

A lot of good content in this article. If interested, compare to 9mm testing:

2 Likes

Another to add to a long list. :slightly_smiling_face:

Taylor’s & Company 1911 Tactical 10mm: Tested and Reviewed

Taylor’s & Company 1911 Tactical 10mm: Tested and Reviewed (msn.com)

2 Likes

I’d go Glock 29

1 Like

I’ve read of a lot of professional shooters not even using .40 S&W because of what it does to the bones and connective tissues in their hands and wrists after a time.