Belts and Holsters

The Kore does come with one keeper, at least with the nylon looking version when I last ordered one. I also have the Nexbelt which does not come with a keeper, and I have not needed one either.

My only real gripe is that I snap the track eventually. You can still use it, up to a point. Once I have several breaks, it starts to not look as good and I have to get a new belt to replace it (just the belt, no buckle). That means for me, I am replacing the belt every 6 months to a year. Love the belts and the adjustability of it. My leather belts last decades.

I made myself a holster too with an extra mag pouch. Took a few tries to make one I liked but it works great. Honestly, They may not always look as good as professional but I enjoy making things myself by handā€¦especially being locked down so much.

2 Likes

Custom double layer, double stitched leather belt, TT Gunleather OWB snap on holster, DeSantis leather single mag holder. I am liking this belt, it is holding up better than any other leather belt I have tried. Trust me, I have a tone of leather belts that have disappointed me.

1 Like

Thanks 4 the repliesā€¦ my Kore belts should be here tomorrow. Iā€™ll let you know what I think once Iā€™ve had time to wearā€™em for a while.

3 Likes

Alien gear holster owb on next belt

Blue Alpha low profile EDC belt
LAS Ronin 3.0 appendix carry holster with mag caddy

Best holster and belt set up I have used over the past 15 years.

My Kore belts arrived last week. Very impressed so far. RIGID and looks to be quality made. Iā€™ll mainly carry IWB. But real test will come when Tier 1 Spara comes in for Sig Legion X5.

3 Likes

I carry three different weapons depending on the season. In winter I carry my full size Taurus PT1911 in .45 ACP in an OWB leather holster from Galco holsters. In Fall and Spring I carry my Beretta PX4 Storm in 9mm in a leather lined kydex IWB from Garrett holsters. In Summer I carry my Bersa Thunder in .380 ACP in a leather IWB holster from Falco (a Slovenian holster maker). Since itā€™s winter now, Iā€™m carrying the .45 ACP in the Galco leather OWB. Iā€™ve attached some pics to see them.

2 Likes

How do you like the holster? I have been thinking about buying one for AIWB carry, especially since it has height adjustments and other adjustment possibilities.

@Rob28

I tried strong side and the opposite of appendix carry (Iā€™m a lefty) but I settled for crossdraw in front of the appendix.
It doesnā€™t bother me when Iā€™m seating which is a big plus for me.

Hanks belt, Vedder light tuck. Highly recommend both.

Anyone have experience with bigfoot belts?

I thought they did not wear pants, why would they need belts? :rofl:

2 Likes

Thanks. I needed the laugh.

@JeffMinar how do you like the Falco holsters. I looked at their web site and they have two things that are hard to find, Snaps for the belt and a thumb brake (even for a Glock 43X) . Did you get the Premium or the Classic? Is your ā€œcantedā€? How is the construction? Sorry for all the questions never heard of these folks but I am very interested in what they offer.

Cheers,

Craig6

I love that Falco holster. Iā€™ve had it for 5 or more years and wear it all summer. Itā€™s very comfortable, itā€™s very stable, it conceals well and I can draw and re-holster blindfolded. Mine is a premium model and it is canted about 30 degrees forward. The construction of it is fantastic and Iā€™m certain it will long outlive me. One of my sons will probably get it when Iā€™m gone. They are in Slovenia and it takes them a while to ship their products over here, but I highly recommend them.

1 Like

@JeffMinar thank you for the reply and information. I got a brandy new Bianchi S3 (my go to IWB holster) for my new 1911 for Christmas and I was underwhelmed with the thickness of the leather (I havenā€™t bought one in 20 years). So I am looking for a better mouse trap for the 1st Glock I ever bought (I know Glock and leather with a thumb brake screams ā€œOld habits die hardā€) . The snaps are important to me because I HATE lacing myself into a holster, clips are just that and the thumb break is essential to me and they offer both, together.

On the web site they have 3 oā€™clock (which looks vertical and the one they show) and ā€œcantedā€ did you get the canted version that netted you the 30* rake?

Cheers,

Craig6

Hi,

I hear you Brother, I have lots of old habits that I have no interest in breaking. The snaps on these Falco holsters are great, they wonā€™t come apart unless you lift them from the inside underneath.

You will definitely want to get the one with the cant to get the 30 degrees that mine has. I got one from them and wasnā€™t paying attention to the fact that it was not canted and it is straight up and down. I still wear it, but I think I will give it away. Like the other 2 I have, itā€™s built like the proverbial brick shithouse.

I find their prices reasonable for the quality you get too.

Good luck

1 Like