Banded from Wal-Mart

I was wondering what would have happened if the man refused to sign the agreement . Could they arrest him? and on what charge?

1 Like

Since he wasn’t breaking any laws
I’m not sure what they would have arrested him on. As I mentioned in another post, I wouldn’t have signed anything from any private business. They could just double my penalty and go pound sand.

Welcome to the community.

3 Likes

He could be trespassed then, if he returns he would probably be arrested. Walmart and any other private business can refuse to allow anyone on their property (unless they are being discriminatory). I’ve been refused entry to some businesses when I have my service dog with me. That is illegal. I always have my phone recorder on and I always file federal and State complaints. I also always get a quick apology. To bad it doesn’t work that way for firearms.

2 Likes

Solution. Don’t shop at Walmart. (Mic drop).

4 Likes

That’s what I thought was just wondering if anyone else thought the same. I would not sign either.

2 Likes

DON’T SIGN ANYTHING!
That’s a lesson I learned the hard way many years ago. Once you sign, you are committed to what is written in the document. Nothing else matters; not what they ‘say’ it actually means, not anything they tell you. Only what is contained within the four corners of the document.
So, don’t sign anything unless you agree with every sentence, every word, and every punctuation mark.

1 Like

Yes, for trespassing. In Texas that’s a class C misdemeanor.

1 Like

@WildRose
Actually to be arrested for trespass in Texas, they first have to request you leave the property in front of a leo, who issues the trespass warning. Then if you trespass violating the warning you can be arrested.

This is what I recall from working security on properties. Don’t know if it has changed much since then. And a class C is treated much like a ticket in most cases nowadays.

2 Likes

In Colorado; My family and I went to watch Avengers End Game @ AMC Theater. Normally; my wife conceal carry’s while I Open Carry. We went to thru normal routine got to our seats within 15 mins of the show manager asked to take my Firearm to my vehicle but did not kick me out nor did he call the Police. Of course I said no problem, prior months same theater carried my gun the entire time nothing was never said or done
 Fast Forward: Discreetly they hung some signs around the entrance with a Red Circle Line thru picture of a hand Gun. Walked to my car took off my leg holster and put on my CC Concealed Carry IWB. Made sure I had my license double check the safety proceeded back into the movie. I totally missed the new hidden signs very discreet
 There is no law against carry a Firearm into establishments, a company has every right preventing from bringing in firearms into establishment, its only against the law if you refuse to leave. Its not against the law in an “OPEN CARRY STATE” The manager on duty thanked me for being respectful

Funny the same Anti-2A guy that told on me like we’re in 3rd Grade looked at me as I walked back in and as we traded direct eye contact
 I could feel his hatred energy
 No troubles

1 Like

Not quite. You can for example be arrested on the spot if you refuse to sign the Trespass Warning.

All the owner has to do to have you arrested otherwise is to report a trespass tell the officers you refused to leave and for you to then refuse to leave when the officer gives you, the option to do so.

1 Like

@WildRose @Dawn So in the case of arrest would the USCCA step in to help bail me out and defend me?

1 Like

Probably not since you’d clearly be in the wrong and a victim of your own actions.

2 Likes

Shoooot, I band Walmart years ago
 Can’t stand those cheap greedy Corporate Leaches anyway
 Worse franchise ever in American History!

1 Like