Bag Dump: Favorite Concealed Carry Bag?

image image image

What is your favorite concealed carry bag?

When do you carry off-body and why?

1 Like

I have not bought it yet. I was (and still am) hoping to get what I am looking for at the Expo this year.

1 Like

I don’t wanna be on the new’s as the guy who saved the day pulling his gun from a purse :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy: :joy: -–Joke, Hopefully never ‘have’ to save day.

5 Likes

I really want the ECHO EDC Backpack but I can’t justify spending 200+ on a backpack right now. The bag is only $60.00, but I want the level IIIa body armor panel upgrade so that brings it over 200.00. I need a good get home bag and I like that one. I would go with VERTX Gamut 2.0 but that’s over 200 WITHOUT a panel insert.

Also not a fan of off body carry, my firearm is always on my strong side hip. I don’t know what I want the exact firearm to be, but a .22 sounds reasonable. Not sure if I’d rather a 22 pistol or a teardown 22 rifle. Leaning closer to the rifle for a backup to a get home scenario.

2 Likes

@BubbaBear917 I would go with the 10-22 take down rifle. I was just looking at the
Magpul X-22 Backpacker Stock, seems pretty handy. I am a fan of the Ruger 10-22, with the
CCI Velocitor 40grn. works well for me. Maybe you could go with a .22 pistol and rifle?

2 Likes

I have to see in person how big the bag is and if I can fit both, I probably will. Definitely if I get the pistol it’ll be silenced. And I would be carrying four extra mags of 9mm and probably 50rds of 22. Thank you for the suggestion

2 Likes

IV8888 on YouTube did a video about using an old laptop case for concealed carry just the other day. I am not sure how links go over on here so you will want to look for “What’s in The Bag”.

On the topic of the Gambit 2.0 it works well enough but the catches are as follows:

1. I picked mine up in a store for $170 so they might be coming down.
  2. The outer mount zipper flap is only there to cover Velcro & molly points but can be stowed under the attachment points to get it out of the way if you want to attach more bags.
  3. If you put anything inside either of the side pockets then putting almost anything into the exterior facing pockets becomes difficult, if not impossible.
  4. The cheapest I have found fitted plates for the pack is $200 and have yet to purchase as I do not know if I really like the bag enough to spend more than I paid for it on a 3A panel.
  5. The tactigomi holsters are super slow to open and do not work worth a crap if you are left handed. You would be better off getting a cheap holster and gluing Velcro to the back or some Velcro straps for the bigger items if you are wanting to place anything in the quick deploy pocket.
  6. The small pocket above the front panel that can be used as a handle as well will hold a paddle style dual mag holster with 2 19 round mags in place no problem.

Hope something there helped.

6 Likes

Sounds like an over priced backpack the way your describing it.

The echo EDC bag is $60 and they sell the fitted plates for $212 directly from there site so instead of paying around 400 for a bag you end up paying 100 less and get more. Plus depending on your color preference it’s not all “tacticool” so you don’t stand out. It looks like a normal backpack

1 Like

@Andre7 Welcome to the community. Thanks for posting, lots of good people and info here. :wink:

2 Likes

I’m not a big fan of carrying off the body, though I’m not against it. The closest thing I have to for off body is my range back pack I got for $40 at Acadamy. It has two really neat conceal handgun pockets on the side
 that being said it looks very military
 and screams “this dude is packin”
 great for any fire arm trips!

4 Likes

I use a Fieldline Sling bag, I don’t usually carry the pistol in the bag but I can and have.
Pretty much every thing I might need to get out of a tight spot.

5 Likes

You got it @BRUCE26!! Love it!

You’re welcome to post links as long as they’re for educational/sharing information purposes, @Andre7. :slight_smile:

Glad to have you here!

2 Likes

There is the link for the 60.00 echo EDC bag.

2 Likes