Anyone else use the Viktos Counteract CCW Bag for EDC?

This is pretty much my daily carry. I took the Hookie holster it came with out and put an AlienGear hook and loop holster inside since it has a full hard trigger guard. Typically I’m carrying on IWB but I like having the option and have practiced a bit slinging the bag around and pulling the Glock. Also nice to have the armor plate insert that’s made for it. If for nothing else if I was in a situation were my kid was with me I could just put it in front of him in the stroller and it’ll cover most of his body.

The rest of this is just my typically EDC since I took this pic for a different site. In case anyone is curious about the other stuff I’ve got a Ridge wallet, Benchmade Bugout CF-Elite (well worth the money), a PowerTac E9 G5 Long Throw (3,000 lumens, thanks USCCA discount lol) and of course the not picture phone and Casio watch. I need to work on getting some emergency stuff in it like a tourniquet. I believe I could actually use the Hookie holster to hold a tourniquet but haven’t tried yet.

Anyone else using this or something similar?

4 Likes

I prefer a sling bag I can slide across my chest and access the gear and I have a ballistic panel at the back of the pack. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I have a fanny pack I will sometimes use either around my waist or in sling mode. Though I usually only carry it when I am wearing another backpack with a hip belt that prevents me from carrying concealed on my waist line.

I do like the idea of a sling or pack with a ballistic plate in it though. They have the packs that you can pull a panel over in front of you and then have front and back protection but suspect they would be a little heavy with the 2 panels.

1 Like

I thought about getting the sling bag actually. Still might just for the ease of access. Which one do you use?

1 Like

I’ve thought about doing that too. Actually thought about getting one that’s like neon teal or something with a Flamingo that says like “Key West” or something just because lol All Kidding aside though fanny packs have a ton of potential and utility!

That’s honestly what I like about this backpack. If you sling it around to get to the CCW pocket it pretty much covers your chest area. I think I’ve seen those before! Not quite sure what I think about them but I’d be willing to try them out. Good thing about this one is it’s not too heavy and honestly doesn’t get to uncomfortable carrying for awhile. Really the sweat is more uncomfortable than the weight!

2 Likes

Yeah I do a lot of work in the dessert and actually have a fairly large fanny pack/man purse that I hike around with when I don’t have to carry too much gear since I am a lot cooler without my whole back covered. A lot of my work is in CA though so I can’t carry there even though it is by far the most likely place I would need to defend myself.

The nice thing about fanny pack carry is that you can do the dorky wear the pack on your front look which makes the pistol quicker to get to and the pack less susceptible to being slipped into by a thief. Though it is still not as ideal as carrying on body.

2 Likes

Blockquote The nice thing about fanny pack carry is that you can do the dorky wear the pack on your front look which makes the pistol quicker to get to and the pack less susceptible to being slipped into by a thief.

That’s kinda my thinking about the Flamingo fanny pack lol But yeah I’m totally with you. As much as I like a CCW compartment I much prefer carrying IWB.

1 Like

A Fieldline Pro series, $50.00 at Wally World, I have had mine for 5yrs. and carry it everywhere. Holding up good so far. :+1:

2 Likes

Actually doesn’t look like a bad $50! I wonder if they still have them there.

1 Like

I doubt it, they changed the strap at the top with a broad attachment across the top that rubs into the side of your neck. It sucks. :thinking:

2 Likes

From a 2020 post, still the same bag.

BRUCE26

Mar 2020

I use a Fieldline Sling bag, I don’t usually carry the pistol in the bag but I can and have.
Pretty much every thing I might need to get out of a tight spot.

4 Likes

These are some good ideas. I keep wanting to buy tactical pants to carry stuff, but I have a cheap unused sling bag gathering dust that can carry a whole lot more. Thanks!

1 Like

Something something if it ain’t broke something something don’t fix it lol Too bad they changed that on what otherwise sounds like a good bag!

1 Like

Man that’s a nice set up! Having the option to bag carry a pistol is nice even if your not using it. I like having options personally.

1 Like

I’ll probably get on youtube and demonstrate my pack on here- privately.

I carry the Elite Smokescreen ccw backpack

Smokescreen CCW Slingpack | Concealed Carry Slingbag (elitesurvival.com)

1 Like

I like that. I really like the position of the conceal pocket!