B.S. and Reality

The police spokesman says “Oh no , this is unusual here” the residents say “Bull$hi+, happenes all the time…”.

This is what we refer to as the “Officials” blowing smoke up our behinds.

3 Likes

Man you need to move!
SLC has a new state flower

5 Likes

Thinking of passing through SLC on my way to Denver but now going through Vegas.

3 Likes

It’s just Tuesday in an American city…

Individuals cannot fix it. The government they elect and pay for won’t even attempt to fix it. That leaves two alternatives: (1) learn to live with it; or (2) leave it.

1 Like
3 Likes

I’ve done some work off and on based out of Vegas. The local newspaper used to put out a weekly crime map. Like most urban areas the crime is focused in certain areas but occasionally spills out randomly to other areas. The map looked pretty similar to @Mike164 ‘s SLC crime blog.

So I’m not sure you would be any safer in Vegas than in SLC. As in most places, situational awareness and avoiding the worst areas will most likely keep you out of trouble.

4 Likes

Thanks for the heads-up.
I have more familiarity with Vegas as I’ve been there multiple times in the past while only been once in SLC.
Family stayed one Saturday night and left Sunday morning. We were shocked to see what looked like a colony of homeless people on our way to a gas station.

Another option is to go through highway 50 but if it’s anything like the winding two-lane road to Tahoe, I’m not going to enjoy it.

1 Like

I love those roads!!!
NV 431 Mt. Rose HWY from Reno to Incline Village and 50 HWY from the Lake to Carson City.
They were awesome in my Audi TTR, not so much in a 1 ton truck

2 Likes

Agreed, but not sure on a road trip exceeding two hours crossing the state of UT from west to east or vice versa.

2 Likes

It’s been a long time since I’ve taken 50 across NV and into Utah but I remember it mostly being long and flat with the occasional short hilly section.

2 Likes

I wish I could say “Come on over to Salt Lake” but right now, I can’t. You’d probably be OK if you stayed in your Hotel or Camper for a day of two and avoid the downtown area…

2 Likes

Same with OKC, someone gets shot or stabbed almost daily.

2 Likes

I’m surprised this wasn’t in SLC

3 Likes

Car jacking isn’t real popular in Salt Lake, Yet. I suppose Constitutional Carry has something to do with that.

3 Likes