Ayoob and Wilson on the 1911

Interesting observations on the “old dog”

17 Likes

IF you own a 1911, watch this video. Massad Ayoob is a genious. I learned something that has changed my view on how I carry with a 1911. I’m sure you will, too.

5 Likes

True happiness is a warm 1911 in .45 ACP, cocked and locked.

v
What’s in your holster?
It’s amazing he actually brings up the John Wayne safety!

5 Likes

Nice piece of hardware brother @Scott52 :+1::+1:

2 Likes

11 Likes

Very nice!

Stay safe out there.

2 Likes

That’s what I’m talking about @Owen2 :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Hey @Owen2, I have not heard of Hell Fire Armory before. I looked up their website and saw 1911 frames available. Hope you don’t mind me asking, did you swap out frame only from another gun or do they sell complete 1911s or maybe something in between?

Nice looking pistol BTW :+1:

3 Likes

It is an Ed brown a2 slide Wilson internals and magpul 1911 grips match grade barrel I fitted the pistol myself hand lapped it with flitz I built it from some of the best parts

8 Likes

5 Likes

This one was done with a rock island slide with tritium sights it has sarco internals and controls

2 Likes

It looks rough but I promise you it is silky smooth and finished nicely the black one is closer to what I was try to accomplish which was my version of a Springfield

3 Likes

2 Likes

Minus the beveled mag well

1 Like

Nice work! You have some skills @Owen2 :+1:

3 Likes

@Owen2 Nice guns, and some good gun skills! I tried fitting a safety in a 1911 once. Requires more skill than I have, I gave up!

I will hopefully have a Colt in the stable soon. Really looking forward to that one, I think it will be 9mm/.38Superb. :grinning:

@John292 That was an interesting video! Lots of gun knowledge between those 2 guys.

3 Likes

@Owen2 Love those grips😎

1 Like

Thanks the cross ? Thorns of Christ it represents my friends relationship with his god and fellowship he is a Christian and believes my covenant is different but we both serve the same god

3 Likes

Love the video and @Owen very nice. I have recently started down the path to refining some gunsmithing skills, like what you are showing.

2 Likes

Learn 1911 is like the one gun you have to build because it’s like a living thing. Only combat guns can take parts from each other but custom guns have the slide mated to the frame my next 1911 will be a commander I may make it a 9mm

4 Likes