Arizona Attorney General signing letters of support for magazine and ammo restrictions

Apparently our attorney general for the state of AZ has signed letters of support for California’s magazine restrictions, and also the new Lake City 5.56 ammo inquiry B.S. What has happened to this state?

4 Likes

We have only been a couple of votes away from being an anti self defense State for quite some time. The anti self defense politicians will continue to ignore their oath when it comes to the 2A and unless we find a way to get more people on both sides of the aisle to stand up for our rights this entire country will be turning into CA in very short order.

5 Likes

I can’t imagine anyone being anti self defense. I think what you are calling anti self defense is a different approach to self defense by way of getting rid of all the guns. Which for some reason they think is possible. I think there is a mental block and we have to learn together on this. If we don’t there will be a wedge between us that divides us and we will be destroyed fighting with each other. Working on keeping that wedge out is my goal.
Actually I can imagine someone being anti self defense. I call them murders.
I think what you are calling anti self defense are affectionately called sheeple.

2 Likes

I think it is vital to bridge the gap and not allow us to be wedged apart. People on the left need the right to defend themselves just as much as people on the right. Even more so for all the left leaning folks stuck in high crime urban areas.

However I see a definite anti self defense movement. It seems to only be a small minority supported by people in power who don’t want any threats to their authority. But that minority is going through great efforts to drive a wedge between the left and the right. It goes beyond firearms. They work on getting rid of the “scary” firearms first like they are doing here now. Then like in Australia, England and countless authoritarian governments they go after all the other firearms most useable for self defense. Then they go after the knives and other pointy and blunt objects. Then they pass laws making it a criminal act to defend yourself with whatever improvised tool you can reach for or even with your own hands.

Defenseless people are easy to control.

5 Likes

Resistance is futile.

2 Likes

Depends on the type of resistance utilized. Bashing a head against a brick wall is pretty useless. But slowly undermining its support structure can bring the whole wall down under its own weight.

3 Likes

They are ours to protect. That is the only spirit I can condone.

1 Like

My pop-political 2 cents.

My state, Colorado, used to have a majority of the eligible electorate registered as Republicans in 2008 or so. Then, the Republican party turned into a party obsessed with social issues – gays, God, abortion – and away from fiscal issues and libertarian principles. When the Tea Party came along with the Obama election, the Republican party stalwarts rejected the Tea Party as mere new comers, even to the point of opposing a Republican Tea Party candidate in the 2010 Governor’s race by changing parties and in a 3-way race handing the Governor’s office to John Hickenlooper.

Now, it’s even worse. Colorado Republicans have become the Party of Trump and regularly turn on other Republicans to get them unelected. Colorado Republicans would rather defeat another Republican they disagree with than win a general election against a Democrat. The internal fighting, social issue focus and incompetence of Party leadership has literally driven voters, actual voters, away from Republican candidates and into the arms of Dems. Check this site out if you don’t believe me.

RINO watch Colorado

Now, the Colorado Republican party has dwindled to “also ran” status. With it came loss of all major state offices and control of the legislature. And, the gun restrictions we now enjoy in Colorado as Democrat law makers seek to turn Colorado in to East California.

I suspect a similar dynamic is happening in Arizona. I believe we are witnessing a demise of the Republican party as it turns into the Party of Trump and then dies. Along with that death will be the death of our gun-related freedoms.

2 Likes

What you are witnessing is pandering to the MASSIVE influx of illegal vote’s in those states. Everyone know they will be voting Democrat so anyone with any aspirations at a life in politics better get on the liberal bandwagon regardless of party affiliation…

3 Likes

I completely agree about Colorado. I was born and raised there on the western slope. It pains me to see how far that state has fallen. My cousin had a very successful cafe in Meeker that he closed and moved the whole operation to Montana, stating that he could no longer take the political climate and unreasonable taxes. Not to mention the absolutely stupid firearm restrictions that developed.

2 Likes

I don’t agree with that theory. What I experienced in Colorado is that many people don’t vote at all. They are too lazy to color in a bubble on a ballot mailed to them.

I know this from personal experience. When I suffered a lapse in personal judgment and actually ran for office (state House), less than 10% of registered Republican turned out to vote in the primary. That’s not an influx of illegal aliens voting, it’s an apathetic, lazy electorate.

1 Like

@JohnnyGSA Did you guys get elected Demoncrats for leadership positions on your last election? That could be the reasons of “What has happened to this state?” :thinking: :laughing:

@Shamrock That’s EXACTLY THE PLAN that these anti gun/gun control groups are doing with the backing of this Communist Deministration! :rage:

I think it is anti self defense.

And I also think that, high level, the ones who want to get rid of all the guns, are really after totalitarian government control over the people. Even worse than anti self defense, that one is.

The problem, as I see it, is the anti self defense and pro-government-tyranny folks convince voters that the laws are for their own safety (nevermind that it’s anti Liberty, they’ll say the “Safety” aspect is worth it)…and too-many people actually believe it’s about safety (which…it isn’t)

3 Likes

Stolen elections have consequences in AZ especially since the A$$hats in Maricopa County (50%+ of AZ pop) refuse to be transparent in their actions and the courts refuse to act :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2022 Installed state leftist positions:
Gov, Sec of State, Atty General

2022 Installed federal positions
Senate

2 Likes

Or a large % of registered Republicans have fled your state…. And for what it’s worth, for the most part local elections, especially primaries have the lowest showing of all elections. Most people vote every 4 years if at all…

2 Likes

IDK who said “prepare for the worst hope for the best. I am not going to get triggered over it. I don’t want to see anyone else.

1 Like

My observation is that formerly registered Republicans have left the Republican party (or, more correctly, been left by the Republican party).

1 Like

My observation is that many former republicans have abandoned the conservative principles that the party upholds.

1 Like

Kommiefornia happened!

2 Likes