Are you…..?

Does the firearm fit me? Do I enjoy handling it? Firing it? Taking it to the range? Cleaning it? Am I confident in it to work with me when needed? Do I feel it is a good value overall?

Brands I own get first consideration, but other brands get considered also. My final purchase decision goes back to the first question; does it fit me?

3 Likes

Agree that functionality and reliability are highest on my list. My first 3 pistol purchases a long time ago were Beretta 92F, Glock 17, HK P7M13. Still own all 3 and they all still function flawlessly after countless rounds through them. Haven’t really had to replace any parts other than recoil springs and a few mags.

EDC and nightstand pistols are currently Glocks. Just comfortable using them and no brainer to field strip and clean.

7 Likes

Reliability would be number 1 for me. Especially for self defense firearms but I also don’t have much patience for unreliable fun guns either. I’m not a big fan of loud noises but I do want to hear a bang instead of a click every time I pull the trigger. Unless dry fire practicing of course;)

Brand would be at the bottom of my list though some brands have better reputations for reliability than some other brands. But there are enough brands out there with good reputations that I don’t need to limit myself to just one.

5 Likes

Neither my wife and I are partial to any brand.
Our collection consists of an FN, S&W, Taurus, Springfield Armory, Ruger, Sig (latest acquisition) and a Mossberg shotty.

For me #1 is how it feels in my hand.
2nd is how consistent I can shoot it.

5 Likes

Ambidextrous :raised_back_of_hand:t4::raised_hand:t4:

4 Likes

My Shadows are not ambidextrous but I make them work out👍

3 Likes

I’ll be honest, brand ranked pretty high in most of my firearms purchases. However, by brand I mean any of a number of reputable brands. I am not a fan boy of any particular brand.

First gun was an uninformed purchase: a S&W Sigma. It was cheap. It was a S&W and I thought it was a good brand.

Later, I bought a Sig for the wife because it fit her hand.

Then I bought a couple of Rugers (P89 and Single Six convertible) because they are indestructible.

Bought a Walther P22 because it was the best little .22 semi auto that was small enough to conceal if I ever wanted to conceal it. (Ruger hadn’t come out with theirs yet.)

Bought a Glock 19 when I started training seriously because trainer recommended them or S&W and my Sigma jammed on all hollow point ammo so I was not inclined to buy another S&W.

Bought another S&W (Shield) because I wanted something smaller to conceal and it was so much cheaper (got a sale) than the Glock 43. (It jammed too. Sent it back and S&W repaired it. Seems to work fine now.)

When I bought my AR I read up a lot on them. Got the Colt because it supposedly checked all the boxes of what an AR was supposed to do (not trying to debate if it actually does or not. I honestly don’t have the knowledge to participate in that debate.)

So brand was important. But not any particular brand.

5 Likes

That’s funny…I thought exactly this way trying to find best handgun for left handed…
Four pistols later I found 1911/2011 the best handgun for left handed shooter… even these platforms are far away from ambidextrousity. :face_with_peeking_eye:

5 Likes

Safety
Reliability
Feel in the hand
Trigger pull
Sights
Accuracy
Concealability

3 Likes

:+1:t4::+1:t4:
My best shooters are my full size and compact 1911s, both reasonably priced Rock Island base models.

6 Likes

So… summarizing and answering the main question: Are you… ?

Yes. I am… not a Glock Guy :grinning:

2011 featuresx [these all have been used by us in the thread]

Reliability
Comfort
Functionality
Capacity
Concealability

Safety
Feel in the hand
Trigger pull
Sights
Accuracy

Because these above are in majority… those below don’t matter.
Accessorizing
Price

:wink:

3 Likes

Twirlability. I like to twirl my guns when I reholster.

5 Likes

Oh yeah… :+1:

Short barrel then:

A twirling1

Long barrel won’t work!

A notwirling

4 Likes

A bit of an Sig Fan myself, someone asks me if I have a Glock I tell them I did but the dog chewed it up.

8 Likes

Yeah my cosaint arms is to die for

2 Likes

There is no tool worth dying for. :thinking:

:wink: :rofl:

The lowest one is awesome ! :+1: :star_struck:

2 Likes

Comfortable and consistent trigger pull accuracy is a byproduct of the trifecta mechanical accuracy, trigger pull and fundamentals, if you do your part the weapon largely does it’s part

3 Likes

The OP is about “Glock Guy”… looks like we are “2011 Freaks:joy: :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

I’ll die before I give up my right to keep them
But like I said before I like glocks but I refuse to pay 4,5 or 600 dollars for a glock when I can build one for 280 ish. But I do like them

1 Like

Been eyeing the Urban Carry G3. Anyone here make the move to one yet? How do you like it?

1 Like