Are you going to play the panic game?

My Beretta loves +p++++++++ rounds. Those can be used to knock out a Stray Tiger 2 if need be.

1 Like

What was hostile about the question? The answer is yes. Matter of fact, it’s the answer that’s hostile.

And if you have any elected representatives that have any values left, good for you. We certainly don’t here.

2 Likes

I mean, when you get the green light (regardless of the state of gun ownership) you take that opportunity! :rofl:

I agree with you that some of the Senators do make me nervous, but I do feel pretty good that they won’t get to 60 votes.

That being said, there could be different smaller legislation to go through that passes. The ones I would suggest keeping an eye on and reaching out to your Senators about are any kind of “High Capacity” magazine bans and Red Flag laws. Red FLag laws are the ones that concern me the most!

3 Likes

I agree. My reasoning is that these laws, in my opinion from what I see, are the easiest to misrepresent in the process of introduction/passage, and by far the easiest to manipulate or interpret differently, or just plain apply with prejudice, because there is necessarily a ton of subjectivity and judgement calls. At least with restrictions like magazine capacity, everybody knows going in exactly what it is and it’s pretty solidly objective and far less open to finagling if you know what I mean

2 Likes

True. If there are going to be laws, they need to be clear. Unfortunately, most gun laws aren’t clear

5 Likes

But this isn’t unique to firearms, but seems common across all laws.

I took Ridesafe again this spring. It is a day long course with local cops as instructors. They cover all sort of motorcycle related things, including laws. In NC, it is legal to filter (move to the front in stopped traffic at a light) but when asked, the cops all said that they would absolutely ticket someone for it. That means time off of work, courts, fees, etc. All for nothing…

3 Likes

Always been a single stack person, since I first started with 1911’s and wheel guns. Bottom line, my dad and father in law always said watch CA., and predict how many years behind we are. Granted, this is not a CA issue, but they have created a lot of hate and discontent for gun owners. All my carry guns are 6+1 period, save the wheels which are 5 or 6. I know in my state so far no worry’s, but traveling I know there are restrictions I may encounter. Don’t need the hassle. Don’t want to explain whether my guns could ever hold +10, they cannot. I don’t want to worry about where I am and what the restrictions are. I avoid all but FMJ also. I knew the days would again come regarding high capacity. Don’t get me wrong, I’m against all these laws. But we cannot deny they exist in certain areas. My logic was simple, keep what you have and love for as long as possible. I’m not saying anyone should agree. I’m just saying when people start being concerned about what they are proposing, hopefully my guns will not hit the radar for a few more years. This has been my philosophy for 20+ years. So for now, no panic game. Although that may come sooner than I expected.

3 Likes

:us:

I voted today my friend. By mail in. Primaries. I found it hard to learn about the candidates’ positions. It should be easier for all, especially if one’s not computer savvy.

Tip: If one’s gonna vote at a polling place or last minute, start looking up all your local candidates today online, and take your personal notes with you to the polling place.

Stay well.

6 Likes

Here’s the round they really want to outlaw:

2 Likes

If I panic, it’s only transitory!

3 Likes

I do recommend JHP for defensive use/carry. I know of now state you could travel to and be able to legally possess the gun to begin with, but not be able to have JHP…and of course JHP is more effective and thus safer for you as well as less likely to over penetrate thus safer for possible downrange bystanders

1 Like

Is NJ the only state that forbids hollow points?

3 Likes

Only one with a JHP restriction for defense/carry that I have yet found…and if you bring your handgun with you to or through NJ, the JHP will not be your biggest problem

2 Likes

Is the restriction only against jacketed hollow points or all hollow points? Norma makes all copper hollow points.

And if the person happened to be one of the select few residents with a carry permit in NJ the reminder not to use jhp could be a good refresher.

http://njlaw.rutgers.edu/collections/njstats/showsect.php?title=2c&chapter=39&section=3&actn=getsect

“(1) Any person, other than a law enforcement officer or persons engaged in activities pursuant to subsection f. of N.J.S.2C:39-6, who knowingly has in his possession any hollow nose”

Seems to revolve around “hollow nose”.

1 Like

I’m good just like I am. Brandon already knows his ridiculous statements have no meat on their bones and will not get very far!

4 Likes

Wasn’t trying to create a debate. I carry JHP in all my EDC’s. My comment is regarding travel. My state no problem. I’m only sayingI don’t want to have to research the issue when traveling. I mentioned CA in my comments earlier. Have a good friend that carries in CA. He cannot carry HP’s in San Francisco, don’t know if it’s city or county. Don’t need to worry about it cause they don’t have reciprocity with my state. I also understand in some states like Colorado gun restrictions are left to the individual cities or countries. This is my hang up, not giving advice to anyone. In some cases when I travel I carry my wheel gun with lead. My favorite target loads. This is the issue, playing the panic game. No I do not. I’m comfortable with anything I carry. That goes to capacity, ammo, or type of gun.

" The state of Colorado has partial preemption. Based on the passage of SB 256, local governments may prohibit the open carry or concealed carry of a firearm in a building or specific area within the local government’s jurisdiction. A local government may also enact an ordinance, regulation or other law that prohibits the sale, purchase, transfer or possession of a firearm, ammunition firearm component that a person may lawfully sell, purchase or possess that is more restrictive than state or Federal a law. Signs must be posted at all public entrances. A local government may not restrict a person’s ability to travel with a weapon in a private automobile or other private means of conveyance."

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/co-gun-laws/

I wasn’t aware San Francisco banned hollow point ammo!

1 Like

Okay, what about magsafe or glasers? They are not hollowpoints, i wouldn’t recommend a full magazine of them, but maybe the first two rounds…

Can’t believe they still use the antiquated term “dum dum bullets” in that document!

1 Like