Are you going to play the panic game?

Not panic buying. I’ll go about my usual practices. It seems to me, that the recent shootings are just drawing more attention to
1.Mental health problems
2.Gun free zones are anything but
3.Law enforcement are not required to “protect” anyone.

Before anyone gets their panties in a wad over number 3, I am not bashing the hard working men and woman in uniform. Most of the bad decisions, come from higher up the pay scale. But, it reaffirms that the officers are not required to protect anything. They are supposed to catch law breakers. YOU are your own first responder.

3 Likes

Not panicking one bit. The only thing I have on the shopping list is possibly another handgun that I’ve been eyeballing for awhile. Otherwise I’m doing great on powder and primers too.

1 Like

They are already voting on this and setting up the senate vote. They are moving 3 X as fast as they did with Sandy Hook. The politicians are acting not talking. Not trying to induce panic, but they are acting fast.

1 Like

I personally have thought about it as well, but I don’t believe the bills will become law.

President Biden has already said that he can’t do it through executive action, and if he could, he would have already.

H.R. 7910 will most likely pass the House, but the odds of it passing the Senate are slim.

6 Likes

I hope you are right, watched 40 minutes of the proceedings at lunch, it is garbage and they know it but want to pass it anyway.

3 Likes

If you’re not in business already, it’s a bit late to visit your Guns and Ammo store. So, another million guns fly off the shelf. That’s not so bad but I wish they’d leave me some .223. :rofl:

2 Likes

Im sitting this one out myself i have what i need

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @Roger139 !

Glad to hear you’ve got what you need. I got into firearms not too long after the end of the last ban. Hope we don’t see another. But a lot of powerful people seem to be intent on taking as much power as possible away from all us normal folk.

2 Likes

The most critical shortage, as I see it, is with range ammo.
We need range ammo to maintain proficiency.
We need range ammo to train.

2 Likes

I think dryfire can go a long way towards improving and maintaining proficiency. But agree that ammo prices need to come down.

Taxing ammo or limiting to purchasing from an FFL are two ways that the anti self defense crowd will try to price people out of firearms. Not sure what they think they will accomplish with that tactic. People are still going to own firearms even if they can’t afford to practice with them. Do they want more inexperienced people running around with firearms???

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @Roger139

There is no doubt that it will pass the House. I believe Jim Jordan said that with the way the current makeup is in the House, they can pass anything they want.

I really hope you are correct in this. I don’t think it will pass the Senate either but some of the Senators are giving me the heebie-jeebies on the way they’re acting.

While this might be wishful thinking, I hope they heard the Vegetable-in-Chief’s “address” and go “Yeah, we’re done”. And just walk away from whatever talks they’re in.

As for the panic buying? Not going to change much. I did get the greenlight to purchase any other pistol from the wife, just trying to decide on which one I want. So many on the list . . . :slight_smile:

What’s the list?

.308 (this one will probably be last though as it’s the most spendy)
a few .22s (and maybe Walther’s new WMR)
A PDP
a couple of .380s (partially for the wife but I kinda like her EZ)
a few 9s
and maybe a 10mm

But to be completely honest it will probably be a .22. Would like to get the P322 but no place has them in stock so might check out the Walther P22 QD, if I can find that one.

I am still looking for those 9mm rounds that can blow out people lungs. I got enough AR ammo and those rounds can level a whole city block. Ordered a Bullet Button but they are on back order.

3 Likes

Same here but Need and Want are two different things. Ideally, I would love to have 2 thousand rounds for each weapon. Close on the 556 but not so much on 9mm.

When eggs are made illegal … chicken farmers are made criminals.

Bear hunting with a 9mm… nah. Joe just uses a knife.

3 Likes

Unless they’re at the door…

You need the 230 grain hollowpoint depleted uranium 9mm rounds traveling at 20,100 fps.

1 Like