Guns and gear/ future price

So I’m wondering what y’all think. Guns, gear and ammo have sold unexpectedly at an insane rate. I heard a statistic that around 70-80% of these purchases where from people buying their 1st or 2nd gun.

I personally doubt that many of these new gun buyers are going to become normal repeat customers. I’m wondering if this could lead to an initial surge of manufacturing, an overload of product and possible low prices (in the future).

What do y’all think? Obviously I want these companies to succeed, but I like to anticipate good buys.

5 Likes

I think it won’t change anything. For now manufacturers are happy and new owner are happy.
Guns shortage fluctuates all the time. I can see few brands only missing for purchase. They will show up soon.
Other question is how long gun shops are gonna be opened. We might have national quarantine and all businesses closure soon…

4 Likes

My gun shop has closed, most of its employees were over age 50 and they were so overrun with customers plus the no mass gatherings placed… They had to close.

Still, going in by special appointment when my order comes in.

4 Likes

The best time to buy a house generator is in early December. Hurricane season is over, it’s taking up too much room in the garage and I need money for Christmas. Just an observation.

Cheers,

Craig6

3 Likes

I am always ready for a good ammo deal. I don’t think (hope) the window will be open long. The previous ammo shortage was for 8 years ending in early 2017 :face_with_raised_eyebrow:, this one will not last that long.

3 Likes

Unless the looney left take over come November…

1 Like

I think when all this is over… there will be some really good gun sales at pawn shops! :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

That old law of supply & demand… Prices may be higher for the short term but I’m believing they will stabilize at some point down the road.

@SheepdogDoug :point_right:t5: Awesome point! Though it seems counterintuitive to us, many firearms will be abandoned when things return to normal. Whatever lessons I learn in this pandemic, I will take with me for life. :v:t5:

3 Likes

I agree, I’m learning a lot of life lessons right now. It’s certainly an experience to learn from.

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing

3 Likes