Forced into firearms purchase!

Ok…I went to a popular outdoors/gun store in my area to purchase the M&P Shield 9MM shown in photo. As I am filling out my form the salesman, right in front of me, opened the box containing the Bersa BP9MCC 9MM, also shown in the picture. He says “On sale and this is the last one”. Well let me tell you buster, I did what anyone of us would do when confronted with such heavy handed pressure sales techniques, I immediately began concocting the story I was goin to tell my wife when I arrived home with 2 pistols instead of the one. Which she agreed with the one after long conversations and a pretty pricey bribe and a credit card but that’s a different matter. I think there should be a law against that kind of sales techniques! Especially when they know what we are facing when we arrive home!

48 Likes

don’t feel bad, last Friday I picked up a Walther PDP-F and a Holosun EPS-F green 6 MOA.

15 Likes

how much was the bersa. i thought about getting one.

6 Likes

I had the 380 version, nice pistol for $300 ish

8 Likes

@JIM238 Welcome to our community we are glad to have you with us. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Congrats !

I hope you have survived the confrontation with your wife. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

There are 2 things you can always consider in such case:

• Never show receipt to your wife
  • There is always “buy 1 get 1 free” deal available at any store… especially in this one you have just visited
12 Likes

The sales guy had you marked as soon as you walked in the door :grin: They most likely had dozens of customers but you were the Chosen One :grin:

I planned to make an impulse buy so
I intentionally avoided the LGS on Black Friday and Saturday. :wink: I even postponed a trip to the range because it’s next to the store.

6 Likes

I have the same experience when I’m at the store and a salesperson says, “check out this new Beretta we got in.”

5 Likes

There was no impulse :rofl: The salesman, Dan, talked me into wanting to start cowboy action shooting! :cowboy_hat_face: That’s a good saleman!

7 Likes

Ah, a solution looking for a problem :grin:

5 Likes

The clothing, leather, hat, and pistols are the expensive part!
It’s 3-gun. Revolver, Lever rifle, and double barrel shotgun. No .22LR allowed.

5 Likes

Those Salesmen are ducking heartless.

7 Likes

Now, that reminds me of this champion who used to tag along in costume.

She sews all her own costumes and she wanted to participate, but it was for shooting competitors only. So, she said, “Mike, teach me how to do this. I might not be able to outshoot them, but I can out-dress them.”

By the way, her husband was my first CCW instructor. Great guy.

4 Likes

That’s what ‘layaway’ is for…

7 Likes

Hello and welcome @alfarat

4 Likes

@JIM238 Welcome to the community.

2 Likes

@alfarat Welcome to the community!

3 Likes

That sounds fun but I’d need a new safe to fit all the new guns not to mention a bigger house to fit the new safe in.

6 Likes

Welcome

2 Likes

@Shamrock I thought you were going to say “A new hose because my wife got the old one…”

6 Likes