Appendix carry - how safe?

Brave/stupid…. Two sides of the same coin :rofl:

But hard conversations need to be had. And now she’s back to the same weight she was when I met her in her 20s, AND she’s very proud of herself for making it happen.

6 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

I carry in a compression tactical t-shirt. But, if I did carry on my belt it’s OK. At my age, nothing works down there anyway!

3 Likes

I believe in treating ALL of my tools with love and tender care and respect. Not putting ONE in danger by the other. Thats all I have to say on this matter.

4 Likes

I don’t know why you’re having issues with your jeans I carry OWB and wear regular jeans with no issue everyday . I have to big of a belly for appendix carry along with my two EDC are full size.

1 Like

LOL Peeing still counts as working

6 Likes

Check out “Apocalypse Holsters” I’ve got the “Outbreak” an"Rush" Models with a Olight and Red dot and they aren’t crazy expensive but it’s definitely worth it bc with the sidecar it’s spreads out the pressure of Carrying in the Appendix and of the many MANY brands and Holsters I’ve tried after a couple hundred dollars later I came across “Apocalypse Holsters” and with a bit of a belly (6’2 210lbs) it’s still the most comfortable holster I’ve came across and I didn’t have to spend $180-$300 on a good quality holster so check them out, you won’t regret it!

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @Timothy343

4 Likes

Good point

2 Likes

Good advice. One thing that I would add, write down everything you eat for a couple weeks. Most people would be surprised at what they actually consume in a day. I mean everything, that Hershey Kiss, they snuck, or Oreo,between meals. I’m less likely to sneak a snack if I have to write it down.

6 Likes

I’ll have to keep track digitally, so as not to create a paper shortage.

5 Likes

With the right weapon and right holster, for you, appendix carry does not have to be uncomfortable nor anymore dangerous than any other carry location. I’ve been doing it for a decade, or more, without incident with weapons without external safeties and always a round in the chamber. I pay real close attention when reholstering as that, in my opinion, is the most likely time something could go wrong.

8 Likes

Yes.

When I go at it, I use myfitnesspal. The most useful features, like scanning the UPC for the info, are paywalled now but if you want to take weight loss seriously, it’s more than worth it.

Track. EVERYTHING. Also track your body weight every morning after you get up. Everything you need to know and control begins and ends with your daily caloric intake (exercise to burn calories is almost negligible vs calories consumed for the vast majority of people)

Oh, and there is nothing wrong with dietary fat. The kind of fats changes nutritional value etc but as a macro, dietary fat is fine/good. Cut carbs.

5 Likes

And Drink Water, Lots and Lots of water. It is very helpful when it comes to weight lose.

6 Likes

The nutritionist I had with my transplant said I had very low limits on sodium and potassium (liver tplant). On the first day he summed it up be telling me the general rule when eating something you don’t make yourself, and it tastes really good, spit it out. Flavor comes from 3 things… sodium (salt), fat and sugar.

4 Likes

Aww man… NOT THE FLAVOR!!! I have SO FEW vices left!!!

1 Like

:point_up: :point_up: :point_up:
There is a reason to draw fast… but once the danger and / or threat is over you have all the time in the World to safely rehoster your handgun.

8 Likes

Like any of them, its only as safe as your best safety practices. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Timothy343 and those are some nice looking holsters.

3 Likes

I just ordered from. Versa Carry, 75% off sale. :sunglasses:
Being a lefty has it’s advantages

3 Likes