Anyone conceal carry an FNP-9?

I have an FNP-9, that I want to carry concealed. Anyone recommend a good holster that will hide it?
I’m 6’2" and 235 so I’m not high speed low drag anymore, but would like to be able to carry it
Thanks in advance everyone

2 Likes

Your size should not impede you in carrying that pistol. By the way it is a nice quality gun. I recommend Vedder, Concealment Express, Torsion, Crossbreed, all make decent holsters. If you feel comfortable carrying appendix the above mentioned manufacturers also make those types of carry options. If you research I’m sure you will find a lot more.

2 Likes

I have a Vedder holster for my FNX9. They list holsters for the FNP9, IIRC. I prefer ordering it with the wing to push the handle closer to the body.

For the record, I don’t carry the FNX currently, but I had no issues when I tried the setup.

3 Likes

I’ve seen several manufacturers online, although a lot do not list holsters for the FNP anymore. Mostly looking for people who carried one and found a good solution.

When the pistol was brand new, I got the OWB blade tech holster from FN, and I bought what must have been an early version of the urban carry deep concealment holster, at a gun show. It worked the same as the current ones, only it had a small cell phone pouch.

Looking to see if anyone has had luck personally with a holster for the FNP.
Kinda eyeballing Vedder light tuck, and a few others

Thanks again in advance

2 Likes

Are the FNX and FNP identical in size? I haven’t compared, just wondering if you knew

2 Likes

I think they are pretty darn similar overall, but a few little changes probably means that form fitted kydex holsters might not work quites as well if interchanged.

3 Likes

I used to carry an FNP-40 in a Galco Gunleather Concealable Belt Holster, Model CON480B

https://www.galcogunleather.com/concealable-belt-holster_8_4_1064.html

Look in USCCA Member Only Discounts on your Dashboard if you are a member.

3 Likes

I believe they are. The FNX is hammer fired, the FNS is striker. I think the size is pretty much the same.

2 Likes

Kinda wondering if I got an FNX holster it would be a match for the FNP

1 Like

Looks like the X is a hair bigger.

2 Likes

I believe John403 was referring to the FNP, not FNS. The FNP was an earlier version of the FNX.

BTW, I also use handgunhero.com… great link!

FNP top, FNX bottom (from Wikipedia):

1 Like

You are right. I misread his original post.

1 Like

@James, do you carry FN? Or is my memory going? :wink:

1 Like

I carry a hk vp9 appendix. Its a little larger than the glock 19 i used to carry. Tier 1 makes great IWB holsters. It conceals better than any other i’ve tried

1 Like

Welcome to the family brother and you are at the right place at the right time.

1 Like

Thanks!
I went out and ordered a Vedder light tuck, which hasn’t arrived yet, as well as a versacarry, interesting setup but it does work. With a loose-ish shirt it conceals well

1 Like