Any belt recommendations?

Another vote for the KORE Gun Belts. Their 1/4" racheting system is amazing. And they have leather and nylon options.

I also have belts from Volund Gearworks that I got before the KORE and is still in my EDC rotation. They have a slim that is more flexible which I use around the house or yard. I really like the G-Hook buckle it is very flat and low profile.

I’ve heard really good things about Wilderness Tactical, and especially their frequent flyer, but don’t personally own one.

5 Likes

I own one which I purchased at the Expo in Pittsburg. I was planning on purchasing another in KC this year (different style).

I love the belt and wear it everyday and see no signs of it wearing out.

USCCA members get a discount on their website (check your dashboard).

4 Likes

My date uses a Hank’s and a Crossbreed.
I have Kore, Nexbelt, Bigfoot, and DeSantis leather one. The Kore and Nexbelt are basically the same system with a different buckle. I have snapped 2 tracks on these belts so far in the last 2 years, and the dog ate one. Replacements are not too expensive, and easy to buy and cut yourself. I find myself currently wearing the Bigfoot the most (Desantis is far too big now).

3 Likes

I am sad to say, I tried a NexBelt, but I didnt verify the release before wearing and ended up cutting it off with my EDC knife…they offered to replace it but I was so very upset and disappointed, I declined.
I’d say their products typically work flawlessly. Mine didnt, back to my Buffalo Belt same day.

2 Likes

Nextbelt has been my favorite for years.

2 Likes

A bit off topic, you may ask, “Fiz why do you buy so many belts?”
Answer: Keto! As of this weekend I am down 55lbs. Was a pant size of 40-42 now my 34’s are getting a bit lose. I had to buy all new clothes! The wife hates it when I say this, so I say it, had to even buy all new underwear!

9 Likes

I’ve tried several different belts and the best I have found is Kore, Nexbelt is also a great belt and being a member of USCCA you get a 15% discount I will probably get a Nexbelt soon I think they are a little bit better but you wont go wrong with either.

3 Likes

I love my Hanks Belts and have been hearing Kore is great, especially for IWB with its ratchet system. I’ll have to try one out. (you can never have too many belts, guns, ammo, toys…)

2 Likes

I got this simple ratchet belt awhile back just because it was cheap, and darned if it isn’t my favorite belt now.

1 Like

Here’s a review of some belts at Pew Pew Tactical:

@Craig6, you might be interested in his review of the Daltech …

4 Likes
5 Likes

Another for Hanks Belts. They are just down the road from me…

4 Likes

I love KORE. I own two!

1 Like

(I posted this in the wrong place last night)
Hey guys. I’m encouraged by all of the posts on this thread and a few others to get rid of my crappy shorts and related soft belts. They are the reason I never carry when in shorts. Still, having been shopping for both belts and shorts for days, I’m having the same experience I have in the paper towel aisle at the store. There are too many choices and I just leave the store.

Also, my Ruger gun belt is 1.5" and fits in my Levi’s just fine. The soft belts that came with my shorts are 1.75". The Tulster holsters appear to take 1.5" thick/leather belts and 1.75" thin/nylon belts. Can anyone confirm? It looks like I’d need to order the shorts and have them in my hand to measure before I order any nylon belts.

The nylon belts are a whole different story with varying thicknesses (not belt width), qualities, buckle styles, sustainability. Paper towel aisle…

I see that many folks like $50-$100 shorts and belts in the same range. I’ve found so many with many superb reviews at much lower price points.

Are these bad?:
$16 Amazon
$22 for two Amazon
$20 Site

Shorts:
$20 TRU-SPEC 24-7 Series Simply Tactical Cargo Shorts
$48 (seems high for same quality) 5.11
$60 (high but I like that the cargo pockets are on the front, not the side-I hate sitting on all of that stuff in the car) 2 tone

I own 5.11 shorts. Excellent quality. I usually wear 5.11 slacks even in the summer here in Florida.

1 Like

These are the ones I wear. They’re great! The belt loop spacing has perfect placement to hold all my EDC equipment. I like the metal loop on the front for my key carabiner (wish it were on the left side so as not to slightly conflict distract from a carry draw, but no biggie). The side pockets as well as the rear pockets openings are large and angled perfectly for quick access. The pockets are deep. Also, lots of pockets! Love the rip stop fabric as well. These are my go to shorts, when I wear shorts.

I hope I can help narrow it down a little bit for you.

1.5" belts are the standard among “normal” pants and belts. 1.75" belts are specifically for duty use, LEO, MIL, etc who use the extra width to support more weight (have you ever seen all the stuff on an LEO belt?). You will find a wider variety of options in 1.5 for clips, mounts, holsters, and accessories than you will for 1.75 (unless you are specifically looking for duty-style components).

So stick with 1.5" belt loops on shorts/pants. And stick with 1.5" width belts.

All of the brands of belts recommended above come in 1.5" widths and are more than sufficient for carrying the weight of a typical CCW loadout. My personal recommendation still stands with a KORE gun belt in either nylon or leather, but seriously any of the recommendations above will suit you well.

Yes, the price may be higher (I think those mentioned above range from $30-100+) but you will really just buy one of them. Maybe two if you want different colors or styles, but not because it doesnt work. You will reduce the risk of buying two or three of the $16 ones from Amazon because they just dont quite work well. Ask any of us here, we’ve all been down that road of buying something cheaper that looks “just as good” and then going out to buy the other one anyway later :laughing:

For shorts… it depends on the style of shorts you like. If you have a good belt the choice of shorts matters less except for how many pockets you want, and maybe to a degree check that the belt loops dont interfere with the clips on your holster in your typical carry position. The belt is the foundation here.

So i recommend get a good gun belt first. There is a high chance that this will cure all your issues and you probably wont need to buy a whole new set of shorts/pants

1 Like

Thank you for all of this info. Very helpful. The Kore site is dizzying to navigate, but I’ll keep trying!

2 Likes

Do not bother looking at the whole website. Go directly to “EDC GEAR”.

Additionally you can use code: KORENEW10 for 10% off.

Good luck !

1 Like

Start Here → Gun Belts | Shop our EDC Gun Belts at KORE Essential. #1 for Concealed Carry - Kore Essentials

It may look like a ton of options, but it’s actually quite simple. They just happen to dump all the choices onto the page…

Pick Material: Leather or Nylon (Tactical)

Pick Color: Black, Brown (leather only), Tan, Grey (nylon only), Green (nylon only)

Pick Buckle Style: X1, X2, X3, X4, X5, X6