Another boring AIWB holster question

Same here as I approach 60 years of age, got my mom’s genes.

There’s no beer belly to get in the way of AIWB.

4 Likes

Im pushing mid 50’s and gave up on gaining weight. Rest of my family hit fat ass class in their 30’s. I always was the oddball…

Anyways, AIWB works best for me. I feel I have better control. Just need a good holster for the fuse

4 Likes

I only use Tier1 and AIWB
HTH

3 Likes

I’ll second Tier 1 although I don’t like plastic belt clips. I only have one for a S&W M2.0 with the wedge and claw option. It sits the pistol high enough compared to my Vedder which I modified for AIWB (different gun).

If I were to do it over again I would get the one without the “side car” magazine attachment, but I don’t carry that gun enough to warrant another holster for it (already have three). If I were, I’d get a Galco Fletch OWB at 4:30.

I’ll add, although I like the accessibility when driving with either an AIWB or shoulder holster, the most comfortable belt style holster for me when driving is an OWB at 3 o’clock. At that position it doesn’t affect my back posture, although it’s right where the seat belt buckle is.

3 Likes

I had given up too but my doctor, who is also a friend of mine, said to me “you are going to piss me off if you croak on me”. I was considering the bypass surgery and he advised against it. He told me about a new GLP1 and got me on as a “test” for it. I took my first injection on 11/01/2025 and as of this past Thursday (my shot/weigh in day) I have gone from 376lbs to 225lbs. There IS a way brother! don’t give up hope!

4 Likes

They don’t have a website yet but are in the process of building one. What part of the country are you in? I hope they expand a lot. This is a great service to the EDC community.

4 Likes

Ended up with a muddy river with the extra mag pouch. Its a start. Im sure I’ll still end up with 3-4 different holsters as usual

6 Likes

Great choice!

2 Likes

Printing, printing, printing, belly to large and a large mag with AWIB?

This has helped me—

I tried the awib and nothing worked well, then one day I moved to a cross draw “left side for me” and everything went away.

When you do try holsters on, plan on going shopping for a new shirt one size larger just like your belt may need to be. Also, only a few companies offer belt clips that you can tuck in a shirt. Most do not.

I also found neoprene to be my friend for a backer. It can be found on Amazon for $20 with two pieces of different thickness to help with the hard Kydex for all day carry. Cut to shape and attach, but make sure you use the correct side for the velcro!!!

Contact adhesive and 1/2 inch foam pipe insulation make for a good test wedge. Cut to shape and stick. Or use what remains of the neoprene from the backing above.

And last the claw. It rotates the mag in giving less printing. Some holsters have it built in as a bump out but not all. It’s a good choice to have.

Last but not least, as others have mentioned make sure the holster fits. It should hold the gun in when you take a hard fall, like getting pushed or slipping on ice. Covering the trigger may get iffy on generic holsters. They have some that you can mold at home but for a first time person I might not recommend that type. Do you want a retention strap in case someone tries to take your self defense tool?

Check out the Sig site. They also have holsters for their products.

That’s my two cents, it may not be worth much today but I found out after spending $$$ and having lots of holsters it worked for me. Look hard on the mechanics of the holsters before you buy, I also have a name brand that is a SOB holster that when wearing it The gun can’t be physically pulled out. Don’t care how hard you pull. Sometimes you just need to try one.

Wow I think I went off topic, what was the original question?

3 Likes

cross draw maybe???

2 Likes

Pushing 70, A propane griller. 4 o’clock for me.

3 Likes