Another boring AIWB holster question

I carry AIWB. Usually Micros so I know what works for my scrawny stature.

Not a big guy and definitely no dad bod here. Need something for my sig fuse. The holsters i currently use dont offer it for the bigger fuse.

With the cost of holsters, its tough buying them just to try them out. I dont mind spending the money just dont want to do it multiple times.

It is a subjective issue but need ideas for a full size gun.

Thanks

8 Likes

Whatever you decide on, make sure you can add a claw and a wedge. You want one that will give you a firm grip before initiating your draw, and it should accommodate your thumb.. When holstered the trigger guard should be completely enclosed. If you have added a threaded barrel and/or afterburner make sure it is going to fit. Since you may not be able to test fit your options, utilize customer feedbacks and ask questions as possible. Check out what others are using at your range, especially if you have USPSA, Action Pistol, or other competitions. If you are buying retail ask the clerk to open the box so you can check the fit. Not the answer you hoped for, but hope it helps. Suggest you start with Bravo Concealment. Of all the holsters I have tried they give me the best draw grip.

6 Likes

Instead of a AIWB try a IWB at the 4 O’clock position. I am far from scrawny and carry IWB 4 o’clock all the time with a full size.

7 Likes

I dont mind other positions of carry, its just when I drive. I can spend hours in the truck a day. I’ve tried changing the lumbar, etc of the seat and still uncomfortable for me. AIWB is most comfortable for me to where I’ll actually keep the gun on me.

6 Likes

No different than commuting to work and sitting behind a desk. AIWB just simply works!

But, I only carry compacts using leather Muddy River Tactical, and Tier1 kydex.

7 Likes

Holster choice is definitely going to be subjective to the user and trial and error unfortunately. Have a look at Tenicor Certum series. I switched from a IncogX by Safariland to the Certum3 and find I can vary my carry position from 1 to 4 o’clock without sacrificing concealment.

Things to note, I carry the XMacro, I’m north of 6’ tall and 230lbs. It works for me and my body type.

My 2 cents.

6 Likes

That velo5 is really getting my attention

4 Likes

There are a local group of guys here that started a business making customized holsters. They make them specifically for the weapon you want a holster for while you wait. They have a generic holster of just about every style that the majority of us use so that you can try it and see what’s most comfortable and useful for the customer. Then they take your firearm and mold your holster to fit your weapon perfectly. They will make your holster to fit with your optics, sights, flashlights, etc. I own 3 of them for 3 different weapons. They are really starting to grow. One of the guys said they are thinking of expanding into TX. His brother in-law is interested in opening up a business in Fort Worth.

7 Likes

Don’t happen to have a link to them do you kid?

4 Likes

Let me check to see if they have a website. I have the one guy’s cell number.

4 Likes

Great idea, it’s not one size fits all. It’s not uncommon for two guys of same built and with same handgun, same carry method, to still have different preferences.

5 Likes

He doesn’t have internet or cell reception in the garage. :grinning_face:

6 Likes

If it’s mostly for when you are driving, you could consider one of those holsters that attach to the side of the console or under the dash.

2 Likes

Only a modem, no router? :open_mouth:

3 Likes

I carry every where I can legally. Don’t want a truck mount. Kinda defeats the purpose IMO. Works for some, just not me

6 Likes

Agreed, I’m 6’1” 230lbs definitely dad bod/pellet griller

AIWB works great, until I sit. So I carry at 4 o’clock.

Which is impossible to access while seated and driving! :face_with_symbols_on_mouth:

The holster I wear when driving to and from work is a J4M tactical leather with a magnetic belt loop…. That way I can easily disarm without upholstering a loaded gun to stow in console vault. I clip the holster on my seatbelt basically in appendix, while not concealed, it gives me instant access to the gun if I need it while driving.

It’s easier to put on and take off subtlety than the crossbreed I wear at all other times if I need to do more than just in and out of the house.

It’s uncomfortable to wear at 4, and is 1000x harder to draw from than the crossbreed, but works well enough for to and from work.

4 Likes

Not to steer this ship too far off topic but I’ve got a PSA WARNING to shout out to the Newbie’s just joining us. BE CAREFUL OUT THERE WHAT YOU SHOW THE PUBLIC ON YOUR CARS AND TRUCKS!. MAGA, Guns, Trump bumper stickers and decals NOW make you a TARGET! Same goes for Gun mounts in your rides. Use to be cool having a dual gun rack in yer pick up. Those days are long gone!. It may be cool to have the latest Smith and Wesson Tee shirt or Hat but understand you are telegraphing where you stand weather you are armed or not. There are Vermin who go around looking into folk’s cars now looking for a quick score (Laptops, Guns, Children!)
OK, now back to scheduled ‘PROGRAMMING!’ ‘You are getting sleepy!’ :face_with_spiral_eyes: ARGH!

8 Likes

7 Likes

That’s what you get for not playing yacht rock :motor_boat:

5 Likes

Im definitely a starter griller. Went from 200+lbs to 175. Anybody wanna lose weight, just have a fast metabolism and get crohns. Im screwed :joy:

AIWB works for me and gonna stick with it

6 Likes