Another ammo shortage coming?

Just something to think about. :thinking:

2 Likes

I haven’t bought a lot of ammo recently but it seems like supply and prices have been consistently improving for a couple or few years now. What’s changing?

2 Likes

War’s…

2 Likes

There’s a lot of video chatter on YouTube about a coming ammo shortage. I haven’t seen it. But like the old man said, “Trust in the Lord and build your house on high ground.” Ever since Bumbling Joe Biden weaseled his way into the ■■■■ house I’ve been stockpiling the stuff. Just like the next war, when the shortage does come no one will even notice it until it’s too late.

5 Likes

I spend time on YouTube, I haven’t myself seen anything that gives me any concern. People have been going on about the brink of the next world war or what not for a long time.

But I’ve had enough ammo to keep my training going on hand for awhile. For those that don’t, that have the means to do so, they should, no matter what the crystal ball does or does not show

6 Likes

I see deals, I act. Action beats reaction.

6 Likes

My wife made me do that when Hillary ran for office. I kept hearing “buy more ammo.”
Always listen to mama. Covid hit, those weekly ammo purchases were money in the bank, and my shooting schedule was uninterrupted.

5 Likes

I’ve stocking up more than I normally do right now. Supply may be high, but there is a bit of a lag as what’s in the supply chain will create a lag before it shows up on the shelves.

2 Likes

Don’t concern myself with shelves when I can get it online for a good price & low cost shipping. However still looking for 22lr, copper plated. Seems a little shy.

3 Likes

Have you tried CCI? The only .22LR I buy. :+1:

Shop products in CCI today | CCI Ammunition (cci-ammunition.com)

6 Likes

Yeah, I do get these off the shelf at the b&m. I have a good supply however I have a 22lr jones…link wants too much info off the bat

1 Like

Hmmm perhaps I have some issues…

2 Likes

Link wants too much info? You mean the standard (I bet every page you go to you have at some point told yes) cookies agreement?

Hmmm you lose. Lol

Anyone noticed any inconsistences in their ammo, accuracy, components?

2 Likes

I haven’t noticed anything yet. I have asked a couple of the LGS where I live & on Charlotte NC if they have heard anything. I get funny looks, so I have stopped.

I also find it interesting that GFG is the only source that I have seen who is reporting on it. Chicken little syndrome, or just a (possibly) unfounded feeling?

2 Likes

In the past I’ve viewed the GFG warnings on ammo as - well - exaggerated but this video makes sense. I shoot Federal exclusively and I’ve noticed in the past couple of months that the brass casings are discolored - almost to the point of no brass showing. To date I’ve not had any problems shooting but as I continue to replenish my stock it is a bit concerning.

If this is another Biden trick I’ll be really pissed. :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

1 Like

The only thing I have noticed was mixed brass in Hornaday C.D. 9mm. I bought 10 box’s of 20 and 2 had mixed brass and nickel plating and one box was all brass. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I have been noticing a LOT of underpowered 115g 9mm factory stuff since covid component supply issues. Figured the factories were short loading to stretch powder as far as possible. I used to get 1 or 2 random in a box of 100, now its maybe 1 in 20 causing short stroke issues in pistols that have thousands of rounds through them

1 Like

I don’t suppose that is either winchester white box or maybe rem/umc green and white box?

If so, they have been questionable at best for a long time IME (and any reman is automatically questionable but that’s just my personal experience and opinino)

2 Likes