Another ammo shortage coming?

Some whitebox, some cci/blazer, some pmc, some federal. Maybe its just me. I hardly ever have these issues with my hand loads, but i imagine my qc is better than bulk from PMC or S&B lol

I just had 2k rounds of 124g 9mm from AAC show up today, will have to keep data for comparison

2 Likes

Hornaday had a note on their website not long ago saying that due to supply issues some ammo that typically had nickel plated brass were plain brass for the time being.

3 Likes

My personal opinion would be that if you have relatively recently had malfunctions with four or five different brands of 9mm, itā€™s probably the gun or magazines and not the ammo.

If they were mixed together or you arenā€™t sure which ones were the failures, Iā€™d guestimate it was the whitebox and remove it from the rotation and see how things go

1 Like

If it was just 1 pistol i would assume that as well, but its in multiple different pistols from different manufacturers, all in different stages of their life cycle/round counts. I wouldnt say its a crazy amount more often than precovid, but its enough that ive atarted making note of it

I also probably shoot more often than most so maybe im just noticing it more in higher round counts

1 Like

this is why I roll my own
no one to blame but me
I use factory for CC
but if I have failures in testing
ill roll those too

2 Likes

If you donā€™t buy it right then, it wonā€™t be there when you get back.

2 Likes