Have you found ammo lately?

We’ve been in a shortage. Have you been able to order ammo from anywhere?

2 Likes

It is slowly getting back on the shelves. Local store had a case of Federal 9mm. I picked up a couple of boxes, the rest were sold out the next day.

4 Likes

I’ve been watching Sig’s site. They update daily at 9a ET and I was able to order some recently. I’ve also been seeing ammo at some of the local gun stores here (North Central Ohio)

3 Likes

Dunhams reopened after a couple of months closed last weekend. Picked up a few K rounds or 9mm for $0.2 / round. Plan on some range time this weekend. Whoo hoo!!!

Check ammo seek. It look there there is some stuff available on line now

2 Likes

I reload for all of the calibers I shoot, so the shortage can be a minor problem. When I go to the range I pick up all of the brass possible, my last outing netted 20 pounds of spent cases. I picked up over 500 cases of 5.56 and 1200+ of 9MM along with the rest of the cases. Now my problem is componets,e.g., primer, powder. bullets are not so much of a problem. If I wanted to use some Russian primers, no problem, I just don’t like using the Russian stuff.

Larry

1 Like

@Scoutbob I have been buying from https://www.sgammo.com/ for well over a month now. If you don’t like what they have a available then just check back daily. Fair prices and quick shipping. Usually in two days.

3 Likes

My local Cabelas probably has 9 or 10 boxes total in an isle that normally holds a couple hundred of various calibers.

My local gun store has limited options, but looks to be about 20% of ammo in volume, and most popular pistol calibers are available.

Funny thing, the specific 9mm I wanted for the last year or two I haven’t been able to trace down and all of the local stores said it didn’t exist… now it’s one of the few on their shelf.

2 Likes

I just bought 200rds of 45 ACP FMJ from Cabela’s. (Hoping to get a long over due trip to the range soon).

They did not have any 9mm available. I believe they did have 40

1 Like

I always am skeptical of online sites. @MikeBKY shared this site with me a few months ago actually. I haven’t used them yet though.

There is a sight called ammo.com and also went to field and stream and found some sig self defense ammo 9mm.

1 Like

Not enough to combat the upcoming onslaught.
Plus prices seem to be a little higher than pre covid-19.

1 Like

I’ve been using sgammo exclusively for years now and have never had any problems. What they advertise is what you get.

4 Likes

No problem getting 45, 38, 22, or 357 mag around here. 9 mm has been hit and miss.

3 Likes

Been seeing online stores getting stock in. Prices are definitely still higher, but they seem to have dropped some compared to 2-3 weeks ago. I’ve used SGAmmo over the years. Also TargetSports when they have stock since they have free shipping in bulk quantities.

Local range is still very low on ammo. They’re only selling for range use only.

3 Likes

SGAmmo and LuckyGunner are my “go to”, but I’m seeing a lot of stock in various locations if you checkout ammoseek.com. 9mm prices are about $0.26/cpr and up for brands I know from stores I know.

3 Likes

Just used SGA ammo for the first time. I will definitely be ordering my carry ammo from them. I like to carry HSTs and their boxes of 50 are very reasonably priced. Excited to find an ammo site I like!

4 Likes

Free shipping rolled around again from midway. The inexpensive range ammo in my fun calibers were all sold out. Had to get half as much hot ammo. That’s not nessisary a bad thing, I just like buying a quantity.

4 Likes

I have had very good luck with Target Sports USA. Very fast shipping in an unmarked cover box. Good prices and bulk ammo usually avialable. Things are tight right now of course.

2 Likes

I started reloading in 2017. It works out not to be the dramic cost saving hobby, but it allows me to have on hand most any caliber that I shoot. I watch for sales on supplies and buy when the price is right. It takes time and if you counted my time I would be losing money, but being retired so what. I can prepare the cases after sorting and have them ready to load very quickly. I am slow and very anal when it comes to checking all phases of the reload. If I produce 50 pieces an hour or 500 pieces it makes no difference, it is just knowing that I can have rounds in about an hour to go to the range.
Not everyone is cut out to reload and I understand, but for me it allows me to go to the range more often.

Larry

4 Likes

if where every you are allows shipping, I have been using https://www.ammosupplywarehouse.com/ never had a problem with them.
Specifically for the California crowd, their a good bunch of guys and have a better selection than LAX.
(On a side note…found 100 .45acp and 100 9mm luger in a backpack I hadn’t used in a while :+1: )

2 Likes