An Update On Membership

As of this date, how many members do we have, now? Are we approaching a really significant number?

3 Likes

According to the USCCA here, there are more than 600,000 members.

7 Likes

THX - The last count I saw was 592K - I hope that the NRA, the SAF, and other groups have taken notice.

2 Likes

I understand why the NRA might start to care as for the rest why on Earth would they?

1 Like

I was wondering about IF a person was wanting membership without the coverage? Just for the education and training?

2 Likes

NRA saw the USCCA as competition, and booted them out of the NRA convention a few years back…which is when the NRA became dead to me. Still an NRA member, club requirement, but I’ll be out of this state before I’d need to renew.

5 Likes

Is that true? I thought I saw something like that on the USCCA YT channel or some other video. Very low of them.

1 Like

Which makes my chances of winning todays gun of the day not so good. It would be an awesome win if I won today because it matches my Beretta 92fs I use for every day carry, NOT COUNTING TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY, WOOHOO!

2 Likes

Good luck and happy birthday!

3 Likes

Yeah, true. It was when the NRA offered their coverage plan, “carry guard” I think it was called. iirc, Tim got about a week or twos notice that the USCCA booth was cancelled…found it…2017
NRA Boots USCCA from Annual Meeting as It Launches Competitive Insurance Products.

2 Likes

Question or theory, IDK. Not wanting to start any rumors.

But, I wondered, if the NRA and the USCCA distanced themselves deliberately so that the USCCA would not be viewed as too strong or extreme as the NRA is in stances on politics or laws. I’m a member of both, and I don’t mean extreme in any negative tone either.

We all know that anyone who is not pro firearms like we are, sees the NRA as on the other end of the spectrum and does not welcome them or see them in a positive light — Therefore because of that, and if the NRA wanted and needed the USCCA as a friend, and even as an NRA member recruiter, might it be beneficial to distance themselves from the USCCA to help the USCCA grow stronger. IDK.

Yeah haven’t cared for the NRA for awhile. Don’t like the waste they caused. Don’t like what happened to Cox & North. Don’t care for Wayne. Always a member & hope they clean up their act

2 Likes

these days I see the NRA as a supporter of my club and a training organization for their positives. I’m not even sure what the NRA-ILA is doing for gun rights besides relaying messages and telling their members to do something. Their strength lies in their history, and I love watching clueless politicians call them and their membership terrorists, to which I’ve explained to a few that any training I got from them has “safety” in the title. (Safe hunter/RSO etc…). I personally feel they’re a paper tiger due to ineptitude at the top, but perhaps they can still be effective due to their history, I really don’t know.
Meanwhile, GOA, FPC and a few other smaller groups have actually gone out and filed lawsuits, and have some good wins recently…but don’t offer chinese knives when you renew.
Third envelope from the NRA in two weeks…with “EXPIRATION” plastered on the front…my membership expires in '23…Last time I picked up the phone and talked to an NRA fundraiser, I explained that because they have not done a thing for my state, that every time they seek more money, I buy another can of ammo instead. They instill panic; I respond effectively :rofl:

2 Likes

Well you can’t. Sorry. I’m gonna win. :wink:

I’m still a member of the NRA but I am constantly annoyed at them always asking for donations(I am a five year member each renewal). I have been a member of USCCA for only 2 months now and I already know that this is the place I need to be. Not sure if I will renew with the NRA again next time but I will definitely renew with USCCA.

2 Likes