Great press for USCCA (NPR)

6 Likes

I know her! @Zee is a star!

5 Likes

However on the CNN site…
“Zee Martín stole her third assault weapon — an Uzi — in the late 1950s - when she was only 4 years old”.

7 Likes

I recognize both of those names. :smirk:

4 Likes

:laughing: @TexasEskimo I wish my stories were that good :joy:

@45IPAC nice!! :grin:

I think this is pretty good coverage. :+1:

5 Likes

Great article! The only thing i disagree with is that the NRA and USCCA are competing. WE NEED BOTH! I am a member of both along with GOA and plan on it staying that way. Yes, there is some duplication of services between them. But in today’s world that is a good thing. Police, fire and EMS are all trained, to some degree, in first aid. That does not take away from the jobs any of them do nor does it take away from doctors, nurses and techs at a hospital. We need them all!
I do want to hear about that Uzi you stole when you were 4 @Zee!

9 Likes

I think the competition angle stems from the now defunct NRA Carry Guard. In that aspect, they were competing. That’s what the interviewer seemed to be asking. She asked about other similar organizations (like CCW safe) and why I chose the USCCA over those others. Hopefully, the podcast will be broadcast where we can hear it.

6 Likes

I personally like the Firearms Policy Coalition for their Second Amendment advocacy.

4 Likes

I agree that USCCA competed with CarryGuard, but competition is good in any marketplace. It encourages companies to continually improve their products and services.

5 Likes

I enjoyed reading that @Zee

And I quote, “The NRA is a much broader perspective,” she said. “They are not as tightly focused on family protection. That’s really where the USCCA shines.” (Zee Martin)

3 Likes

@Dawn maybe you can merge this with your “Two of the USCCA Community’s Own Shine in NPR Article” post? Sorry for “jumping the gun”…as it were :wink:

4 Likes

I was surprised to see positive coverage along 2A lines from NPR.

6 Likes

Nice press, and NPR will reach an audience that you probably don’t usually get to. (Although maybe we’re already there – 40% of us identify as Democrats?! Who knew?..)

Way to go, USCCA and @Zee for repping so nicely! (Although Uzis were famously unreliable. I’d have gone for something else…)

As for the NRA, I had a lot more respect for them when they focused on safety. At some point, their politics and rhetoric seemed to me to go off the deep end in an especially divisive way. Recently, it seems to me they take some positions that benefit the gun industry, even to the detriment of society as a whole. (And that’s even without their insitutional implosion.)

Nice coverage, and thanks, @Terence1, for sharing!

5 Likes

If you go to the link, the 4 minute audio is up now.

3 Likes

Now I know what you sound like @45IPAC :smiley: - excellent voice :blush:

3 Likes

Now, you can hear what my joking comments sound like. :grin:

2 Likes

It is funny when you hear a person you know online talk the first time! I love the surprise of hearing someone you would think sounds like Morgan Freeman they end up sounding like Peewee Herman!
You both have great radio voices!

3 Likes

You sounded good as well @Zee. I wish they would have used the entirety of our interviews. Being NPR, it probably would have sent the typical NPR audience into a frenzy. Since this came out as a positive portrayal of gun owners.

4 Likes