An interesting take on the new American male

“People are Domesticated Animals Now”: Man Reveals Why the Population No Longer Has Physiologically Adult Males and Backs His Theory With Biological Evidence (msn.com)

3 Likes

“ On my way to go stress out my man so he gets manlier :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:," a fourth shared.”
:rofl:

6 Likes

I was laughing so hard when I read that Nancy had to see what I was reading. :rofl:

4 Likes

I’m not getting advice from someone who lacks proper hygiene. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

:thinking::innocent: :muscle: :smiling_imp: :lion: :racehorse: :us:

3 Likes

I agree that many people in the US are soft. But according to his theory kids growing up in gang infested inner city neighborhoods are going to fully grow up instead of being stunted little children because they face much more stress than typical kids.

I don’t think real grown up men go around robbing people and getting kids hooked on drugs. They may be tougher and meaner but mature adult males? NO. Though I could see the argument that the kids who somehow manage to avoid being sucked into the gangs or the lucky few who make it out of that environment altogether could be a lot tougher and more mature than the video game generation kids who’s parents try to get their teachers fired for giving them bad grades.

8 Likes

I think the toughness comes from the ability to resist robbing and getting kids hooked on drugs. You say they may be tougher. They may be meaner but they are not tougher. They are weaker and meaner. I am trying to compliment your reply not correct it. I think strength come from the ability to resist doing bad things/evil.

7 Likes

Thanks for that important clarification. In my experience truly strong people don’t have to waste time acting tough. It is the weak ones that have to spend all their time acting tough to try and hide their weakness.

10 Likes

I watched that happen to many a “tough guy”, loudmouth in Iraq. Turns out they were not quite so tough when the danger amped up. It was sad and funny all at the same time. A few of them managed, over time, to redeem themselves. Most did not.

7 Likes

This is very thoughtful article compared to the drivel MSN usually publishes. But this says, “guaranteed income” aka welfare is bad for people?

5 Likes

…and dont sell guns to these children!

5 Likes

That’s what I say. Send the tough guy down range and let him make contact and if he makes it back, then let him tell me how tough he was. Until then, one might opt to enjoy the sights… on the porch with a warm slice of humble pie, and a cold glass of appreciation for not having to.

4 Likes