Ameriglo Sights

Anyone use Ameriglo sights? I’ve heard they are good, but I’ve heard complaints about the rear sights tearing through shirts or scratching skin.

1 Like

Not impressed for $80.

1 Like

I’ve had ameriglos on my home defense pistol for maybe 14 years now. The rears are orange and I like that they were a little dimmer than the green front when I got them. I like my eye being drawn to the front sight. The rears are even dimmer now but still bright enough to line things up in the dark. I replaced the front several years ago because I wanted an orange outline for more daytime visibility.

Don’t carry it all that often but haven’t noticed any issues when I have.

3 Likes

Mine…bad fit. Gonna see if a gunsmith can fix it.

3 Likes

Mine have been good. I have several sets of Ameriglo Pro Operator as well as factory included Ameriglo Agent (or whatever they are called) sights on Gen5 Glocks. No issues. As with Shamrock above, I’ve had some of these Ameriglo sights for way over a decade, and thousands of rounds per gun.

1 Like

Too tight? I’ve seen it’s common for people to have to file the sight down some then go at it again. I’ve yet to take that adventure myself.

1 Like

I normally buy Truglo Tritium Pro but for my G20 I went with the Ameriglo Hackthorn sights, $20 cheaper on Amazon compared to LGS.

1 Like

I ordered some Ameriglo Spartans. I’ll give them a shot.

1 Like

Yes, I’ve had that on several S&W M&P pistols. They must use a substantial hydraulic press, or something, to get those factory sights on. And then all the aftermarket sights are sized like the factory, I don’t know what is going on over there at S&W but it’s kind of like they don’t want anybody changing sights. HAD to file the ones I had.

3 Likes

Before i can give some input on Ameriglos could you narrow down which ones you are referring too? Ameriglo makes a lot of different styles from low profile more snag free sights like the great CAP sights and highly regarded Defoors, all the way up to Suppressor height sights.

Glock now sells their pistols with Ameriglos from the factory and are issued to several Gov agencies including the FBI. I have found all mine that came in some of my Gen5 Glocks to be great. Well regulated for poa/poi.

As far as tearing up clothing or cutting into skin, i have not had it happen to me. I wear appendix next to the skin and have been fine.

3 Likes

When I was an LEO I replaced the front sight in my duty G22 with an Ameriglo Tritium sight. I loved it. No problems whatsoever.

3 Likes

They’re great. Going to go test them out tomorrow. Really like how the rear dots are low profile while the front sight is very defined.

I thought about getting Hackathorn sights, but you can’t find the rear sight we’ll with those in low light. These have 3 dot traditional, larger square notch in the back to make finding the front sight easier.

1 Like

I like how the rear sights and the center of the orange glow bright in the dark.

Sight pusher, 12" wrench and a vise, lot of shims and swearing. Doing my M&P made me appreciate the squared (parallel sides) slides on Glocks.

3 Likes