Alternate Home Defense Measure...Dogs

Beautiful dogs brother

3 Likes

Thank you. Love dogā€™s. Been doing rescue my whole life.

3 Likes

Beautiful pups guys!!!

4 Likes

Just point a laser at the person and let the cat do his thing.

4 Likes

@NickC, beautiful dawgs! All of my dogs have been rescues. Our new pup Stella is a lab/hound rescue. 40 lbs, lean, and fiercely protective of my wife. Every problem isnā€™t a nail, and every tool isnā€™t a hammer. Dogs are great companions and great additions to our personal protection portfolios. Thanks for sharing Nick. You made my day!

6 Likes

My hearing is not so great. Actually it is terrible. Too many ā€˜unprotectedā€™ handgun rounds down range as a teen and older. My answer is my ā€˜hearing ear dogā€™. She wonā€™t scare anyone, but boy can she hear. She lets me know if anything ā€˜strangeā€™ is going on and is especially ā€˜protectiveā€™ of me when Iā€™m asleep.

6 Likes

Stella is a beautiful puppy!!!

2 Likes

107 pound German Shepherd who does not like strangers. And 8 pound Chihuahua with the same issues.

2 Likes

My 9 month old wolf malamute mix

3 Likes

Welcome to the family and God bless you.

A friend of mine had a wolf/malamute mix years ago. If he didnā€™t know you and vice versaā€¦he could be rather intimidating. Once he got to know a personā€¦he turned out to be just a supersized puppy. :rofl:

2 Likes

Have had to take down beware of dog signs because law says I know they bite and replace them with dogs on premises signs so I am not as liable under insurance if someone is bitten.

2 Likes

Abby 7 year old boxer

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brother and god bless you and your family.

1 Like

Pepper spray or mace

1 Like

Itā€™s the hardest part of being a dog owner. Will sound weird but Iā€™ve had most of my dogs cremated and when I pass I will be cremated and have them mixed in with me.

3 Likes

Having to put down a dog/companion is very hard. I wept like a baby for a week when we had to put our Hershey Bar down. He was a Lab/Beagle mix and spent 13 wonderful years with us. His ashes our on our fireplace mantel along with his collar and all of his medals. We say good morning to him everyday, even after 8 years.

2 Likes

Zeus & Hera let us know when someone is near or coming in. Their barking is an intruders protection from the home owners.

5 Likes

We had to euthanize our dog Matrix last month. He had come down with diabetes, some type of blood disorder, and wasnā€™t able to walk any more. and he was suffering. But he would always let us know when someone or something was going on around our house by barking up a storm. Weā€™ll miss him a lot. He was around 14 years old.

3 Likes

As a former LEO, it has been my experience that any person who is willing and prepared to break into your home, whether it is occupied or not, is also prepared to deal with any dog or dogs on the premises. What scares them most about a dog, is noise; a ā€œyapperā€ that barks relentlessly and darts away, not allowing itself to be caught, is what really worries them. Real professionals are not afraid of attack dogs. They consider them just another hurdle to get past and are prepared for the possibility that one might be in the house.

2 Likes