Security and noise makers

We all have “layers” of security and my favorite layer for home defense is a dog. To me size is irrelevant, their ears and bark to get my attention is what I want. Here’s our two, Bella and Baxter both Yorkies and true brother and sister, from different litters. Bella is the oldest and at 4lbs she’s also the boss of the house.

8 Likes

I agree, and threats don’t like being detected and alerts going off. Use what you have to maximize your advantage in a threat, and if your under estimated you just got the advantage. Layers to me are like the use of force barometer or DEFCON levels to an extent.

Once deterrence and deescalation is ineffective you can prove you took measures as a prudent person to attempt to do so even if actively or passively if that makes sense or translates.

Cute factor wins any way you cut it as well.

5 Likes

Pruning shrubs and keeping wood piles low takes away hiding places. Same with flood lights, and gives a person the idea that the person who lives there is mobile and is observant.

7 Likes

2 Likes

This one is a noisemaker, but would rather lick someone to death! :rofl:

Not to mention, she hates the cold.

5 Likes

Those eyes are awesome! We’re German Shepherd shopping, puppy of course. Maybe later in the spring or early summer we’ll have a new addition. We have to start with a puppy, and a male, so Bella can keep her “dog queen” status. It’s funny to see her brother cower to her as she’s half his size.

3 Likes

15 weeks-ish. He’s the reason my pitbull is so tired! :rofl:

7 Likes

Oh he’s fantastic! I love those ears!

3 Likes

My mother in law and father in law got an awesome German Shepherd, Sammy is his name short for Samson. He’s a great layer of love, protection, and all around companion. The lil fella is “baby” he was our great grandmother’s, he’s pretty much his shadow.

1FF8DE45-3A75-4C7F-AA1B-52405AE62654 0C611363-97C4-40AD-ACB5-2F92C6D84742 E8796A28-E508-4FE2-B4C1-68B6609525E9 3DDA1827-7755-41DC-B21B-0EE190C1615A 1E4FEABD-1BFF-48A9-AE8E-F470D30A5035 8FD18EBD-C83B-405B-A394-A5C2FA08E0D5

4 Likes

Good looking shepherd!

3 Likes

20190218_030720

Ultimate noise maker, peacefull with me, ultimate protector, my little buddy.

20190217_171324

5 Likes

They just started standing up continuously this week :slight_smile: :ear: :ear:

2 Likes

I have several things that alert me; one of which is my 11lb dog with a big bark. The motion detectors on my outdoor and indoor cameras all have alarms on them as well. But, in certain areas, I have hidden motion detectors as well that are hard to see unless one knows that they are there.

4 Likes

20190119_110715
Shes still learning, Our first lab was so intuitive and protective.

6 Likes

@Skywalker87. I see your plan. Your lab will lick them into submission.

2 Likes

This one yeah. She’ll bring you around and show you where the good stuff is.

3 Likes

dogs
Noise makers. Yes, yes they are.

4 Likes

Beautiful dogs, @Emory! How old are they? My GSD is 4 months and will probably look like the one on the right.

2 Likes

Male is 8 years and female is 5. Brother and sister. Real pure Nazi SS dogs, originated from captured kennels during WWII. Aslan and Lucy. Best. Dogs. Ever.

3 Likes

And Tim met Aslan. Haha. “Now that’s a REAL dog.”

3 Likes