Altering membership, not a cancel

I currently have a membership for myself and spouse. I received notice my auto-billing payment did not go through. I expected this due to needing a new card number because of a possible fraud use. Regardless, I wish to alter my membership, not cancel, to just myself and not my spouse. It appears that is impossible for me to do without verbal contact. Does USCCA prefer I just cancel my membership, which leaves the door equally open to choosing a new provider? My hearing is not good and I do not enjoy explaining things over the phone. I sent the above in a email to Delta and got a ‘nice’ reply stating I agreed to verbal contact if canceling. The tone of the email almost sounded threatening, which I’m sure was not the intent. Regardless, I can ‘cancel’ by simply not providing a new card number. I understand Delta wants a shot a selling/keeping membership. However, they might want to rethink this…sometimes personal principals get involved in simple issues making for undesired results.

2 Likes

Please Chat in through the member site and explain everything to the employee.

It would be a cancellation in that your spouse’s membership would be canceled.

3 Likes

Chat was the first thing I did. There was a fairly long delay in this thread being approved. The issue is settled and the thread should probably just be removed.

1 Like

At Corporate Headquarters you can see all the awards Delta has for customer service. They take it VERY seriously and they are really good at it!!!

3 Likes

OK, I’ll play this for a short time. What is so important about altering or canceling a account that a phone call is required.

There is the additional benefit of access to the self defense liability insurance that USCCA/Delta Defense want to be sure is canceled by the actual member, and also there may be options/tools/things to work with that allow keeping the membership that, as a member, you aren’t aware of or simply cannot do (more involved with the system, billing, etc).

Fortunately the phones are 24/7 so whenever works, works

2 Likes

So a person can be trusted to manage their account to join or upgrade online but they can not manage the changes they wish to make. Remember the two memberships are paid as a single billing. Also, a persons reasons for making a change are their own and maybe personal. The fact is there is nothing that can not be handled through text or email. Identity conformation is done online all the time.
Back to my personal need. My hearing has during the last year degraded to the point phone communication is very difficult and time consuming. This is often made worse by support agents who have a accent or speak softly. While I am working medically to find some help right now it is handicap just as partial loss of sight might be. As I said the issue has been settled.

2 Likes